aberdeen-music

Muhammad cartoons controversy

Cloud

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this rule should be enforced in respect of the picture that has been posted in this thread?

I just googled "South Park God" on Google Image Search - look at the first result. Web sites are well known for enforcing measures to stop people link stealing (as it uses their bandwidth) - so that's just a particular way to stop people from doing it.

Paul definitely didn't mean to post that image in particular.

I googled South Park God....

SouthParkGod.jpg

and THIS is all I got, NOT a dong with a parrot,he he he

I had a photo of The Strippers on stage with The Stranglers removed,but curiously NOT the picture of the equally bare chested Stranglers...,sexism? dunno, but the picture of the Parrot on dong was great,well missed moderators,keep up the good work,he he he

It's gone a bit silly.

If someone portrays a cartoon that portrays your religion as murderous extremists then why would you go and prove them right by threatening to murder the people responsible?

Although it could've all been avoided if they decided "no let's not do that cartoon".

Well I've seen these cartoons and to be honest they arent really funny' date=' and they do play on misconceptions and probably are quite offensive, in the way that a cartoon in the sun of a jew with a big nose grabbing loads of money is quite offensive.[/quote']

No, not the funniest thing... but the reaction is. Have you SEEN the news today? Fucking hell!

All I gotta say about the Muslim Hate Campaign is....

... LOL.. You wanna start shit over a cartoon..? A CARTOON?? :up: Ace.

Exactly, it is a cartoon!

For example, the BNP to most people in the UK are a horrible, racist party. However, as offended as many people are regarding Nick Griffins comments, he doesnt build up a fraction of the controversy that this cartoon has. In other words, Nick Griffin who arguebly gets as big a platform as the Danish cartoon is continuing to preach is anti-islamic sentiments but the Danish cartoon guy (and other european countries) are hung drawn and quartered by islamic countries.

It just seems that one guy has been made a scapegoat and its now getting out of control.

Exactly' date=' it is a cartoon!

For example, the BNP to most people in the UK are a horrible, racist party. However, as offended as many people are regarding Nick Griffins comments, he doesnt build up a fraction of the controversy that this cartoon has. In other words, Nick Griffin who arguebly gets as big a platform as the Danish cartoon is continuing to preach is anti-islamic sentiments but the Danish cartoon guy (and other european countries) are hung drawn and quartered by islamic countries.

It just seems that one guy has been made a scapegoat and its now getting out of control.[/quote']

Huge huge difference..... Griffin has a problem with people who arnt white anglo saxon, their religion has no bearing on it, and as far as the Muslims are concerned this newspaper has mocked the entity that they WORSHIP!!

I cant see any comparison.

Huge huge difference..... Griffin has a problem with people who arnt white anglo saxon' date=' their religion has no bearing on it, and as far as the Muslims are concerned this newspaper has mocked the entity that they WORSHIP!!

I cant see any comparison.[/quote']

Surely you have seen the anti-Islamic remarks made by his party? The BNP leaflets doing the rounds in Aberdeen last year were basically saying that a Mosque in Aberdeen would result in terrorists moving into the city. If I was Islamic, that would offend me.

Slightly digressing, but I wonder what Nick Griffin thinks of white people who practice Islam? Just a thought.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Surely you have seen the anti-Islamic remarks made by his party? The BNP leaflets doing the rounds in Aberdeen last year were basically saying that a Mosque in Aberdeen would result in terrorists moving into the city. If I was Islamic' date=' that would offend me.

Slightly digressing, but I wonder what Nick Griffin thinks of white people who practice Islam? Just a thought.[/quote']

I'm not Muslim, and it offended me.

I'd imagine he thinks they're degenerate traitors who would be the first ones he'd exterminate.

I see the bastard got let off last week, too. Now he can get on with fellating the Fuhrer's corpse.

the very idea that in the year 2006 people kill other people because they believe in STORIES is just fucking bizarre. Jeeeeeeez it's a made up picture of some guy that lots of people think exists. Hopefully those opposed draw up some cartoons of god and see if all the christians hate them too. then we can have a big old war! or everyone could just leave everyone to believe in what they believe in. i'm offended Bass Cadet. I believe in dragonism and therefore cannot believe you have a picture of the great king dragon the third as your avatar. don't you know that the 4th of law of dragonism is that you cannot dispay pictures of the great king dragon the third?!!!!!!!!!!

quick lets go burn down the hosts of aberdeen music .com for allowing such anti drganistic filth to be produced. Just what allah would have wanted.

I'm not Muslim' date=' and it offended me.

I'd imagine he thinks they're degenerate traitors who would be the first ones he'd exterminate.

I see the bastard got let off last week, too. Now he can get on with fellating the Fuhrer's corpse.[/quote']

A little extreme he may be but i htink he is principally correct. Why go create something that isn't part of our national heritage and encourage further segregation - build something that everyone can use - like a new pittodrie! :)