aberdeen-music

Arctic Bloody Monkeys

Graeme

I've nothing against them really but I'm getting fed up of them being mentioned in connection with every bloody thing! For example in a (pretty good) review of The Beautiful New Born Children in this weeks NME the following is quoted "Recently signed to Arctic Monkeys' Domino label". This is a record label which has been well established for over 10 years. I'll be sick of them before I even listen to the CD!

I've nothing against them really but I'm getting fed up of them being mentioned in connection with every bloody thing! For example in a (pretty good) review of The Beautiful New Born Children in this weeks NME the following is quoted "Recently signed to Arctic Monkeys' Domino label". This is a record label which has been well established for over 10 years. I'll be sick of them before I even listen to the CD!

Arctic Monkeys? Is this some popular new beat combo that the young 'uns are listening to?

I think I got fed up of them on the name alone - i've been seriously underwhelmed by anything they've done so far.

Good revue for TBNBC?

Umm' date=' didn't Interesting Music also mention them when promoting/posting about the [i']The Beautiful New Born Children gig? :p

In last week's NME it was listed as being the 5th greatest British album of all time

That is embarassing, I like their singles and I'm sure the album is quite good, but to name something that's been out a couple of weeks/months as one of the greatest British albums of all timeis ridiculous.

NME are unbearably desperate to lay claim to discovering this generation's 'great band'.

to be fair to the AM they don't like the over exposure as well. they've turned down Top of The Pops and CD:UK and they've refused to perform at this year's Brit Awards. And not of bands would do that.

It is a shame, because the band themselves seem like nice guys and they are a good band, but they're just going to be over-played and over-hyped until they go straight into the ground.

That is embarassing' date=' I like their singles and I'm sure the album is quite good, but to name something that's been out a couple of weeks/months as one of the greatest British albums of all timeis ridiculous.

[/quote']

The White Stripes' album 'Elephant' made it into the NME's top 50 album list one time and that was even before the album had been released yet.

Y'know constantly hearing folk on the radio and in person speaking about them .... i am still yet to hear one of their songs.

tell you what is getting on my tits is the bloosy fucking Hard Fi song ..... *puts on spouncy southern fairy accent* looking for a cash machine.

my word never has suicide sounded so sweet.

I mean i come on today i swear the same playlist was repeated about 19 times on Northsound and Radio one.

Guest bluesxman

I so wanted to hate them. I don't like the name. And when the NME listed the singer as the No.1 cool person of all time or whatever that almost made me weep. At least it broke my habit of buying that crappy mag every week and failing to understand why. But then I kept hearing 'Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and it started to grow on me. Then a guy at work handed me a disc with the stuff off the net on it and I found that I actually enjoyed most of it so I bought the album. Nowhere near being the greatest album ever or whatever else it's been proclaimed, but it is a decent set of nice catchy tunes with pretty good lyrics, especially considering the guy is only 19. But personally I think one album will be enough. The 13 tracks on this album I found to be wearing in sound and subject matter by the end and I think the novelty will have worn off by another album.