aberdeen-music

Souness sacked!

Simmie

Newcastle dismiss manager Souness

Newcastle have announced that Graeme Souness' contract has been terminated with immediate effect.

The Magpies have won only one point in six Premiership matches and are only six points above the relegation zone.

A statement on the club's website read: "The employment of Graeme Souness has been terminated with immediate effect.

"And an announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a new team manager."

Souness took charge of Newcastle in September 2004 after Bobby Robson was sacked.

Guest DustyDeviada

Hardly a surprise, look for McLeish "resigning" at the end of the season having got himself a job at one of the teams at the bottom of the Premiership/top of Championship (Sunderland maybe?) and Souness slotting into place at Castle Greyskull.

Hardly a surprise' date=' look for McLeish "resigning" at the end of the season having got himself a job at one of the teams at the bottom of the Premiership/top of Championship (Sunderland maybe?) and Souness slotting into place at Castle Greyskull.[/quote']

I do believe you'll find Souness will be moving back into Snake Mountain...

I've always wondered how on earth he continues to get jobs in football? He fucked up a great Liverpool team. He inherited a great Galatasaray team and didnt win much with them (Galatasaray ALWAYS win trophies so not winning something is hard to do). Benfica fans seem to hate him. Blackburn were going nowhere, and, League Cup win aside were heading for relegation territory. The boys in charge of Blackburn must've been pissing themselves when Newcastle grabbed him. You only need to look at how they've prospered under Hughes and Newcastle have gone from bad to worse. He only gained success at Rangers with the aid of a blank cheque and bullying tactics against a rapidly becoming piss SPL.

Fair enough injuries played a part in his sacking. but the performces with a full-strength side were just as awful, except a couple of world-class players could manage to grab an undeserved win/draw.

Plus the fact hes one of the biggest knobs in football, im not at all sorry for the man.

ah bring back the classic days of :

"I think you have to send a tape of the game to Alex Ferguson - isn't that what he wants? You just don't say that about Leeds".

"I would love it if we could beat them. He's gone down a lot in my estimation. Football in this country is honest. You sometimes wonder about abroad but not in this country."

"I would love it if we beat them. Love it!".

hehe mon the keegan :p what a rant that really was.........lapped up even more being a united fan :D

i think martin o neill would be the best management signing we could make if he were given a long contract and the time to change it around. he has a proven record unlike that hun bastard we just fired, and the club needs to start building for the future and not hire terrible managers like gullit and fire them after 2 years each time. if we don't get back up to european football we are going to end up losing all our good players and become a Fulham team that everyone wishes they didn't support! grrr