aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
HateEvent

Anywhere to download backing tracks?

Hey guys.

I'm needing a place to download tracks of songs without the guitar part being played, so I can then play the pieces for my music exams. Any ideas where I can download any?

I'm needing stuff like Metallica, Slayer, Pantera etc.

Primarily Master Of Puppets though...

Cheers, James

Hey guys.

I'm needing a place to download tracks of songs without the guitar part being played' date=' so I can then play the pieces for my music exams. Any ideas where I can download any?

I'm needing stuff like Metallica, Slayer, Pantera etc.

Primarily Master Of Puppets though...

Cheers, James[/quote']

Try looking for MIDI tracks...MIDI tracks sound very bad generally (playing through the MS wave mapper), but if you import them into something like cubase and load up enough decent Virtual Instruments, this can transform the sound into something pretty good.

Failing that....a lot of these guitarist magazines come with backing track CD's...might be worth hounding the net to find out which magazines contained tracks by which artists and look on eBay or the magazines website to see about some back issues.

I have a total guitar mag from not too long ago with Master of Puppets on it, problem is the other guitar is still partially on there and I let my teacher hear and she said it was a no no. :down:

Well, I did my Higher estimate today.

I played Angel Of Death by Slayer (with backing track from total guitar) and Metallica - Anesthesia (the bass solo from Kill em All).

If I didn't get an A, I don't know what possibly can :D