aberdeen-music

Original Asia Line-Up Reunites

jester1470

Anyone thought that maybe they are reuniting because they are musicians and they like playing gigs? If I don't gig for a while I go a bit loopy o_O

Surely I can't be the only one?

Stop being so bloody sensible.

The whole point of this thread is to lay into shitey, overblown wankhole's of bands & constructive criticism be damned.

Ergo, Asia are shite.

Try it, it's fun and it greatly winds up people who take it personally rather than shrug it off.

Stop being so bloody sensible.

The whole point of this thread is to lay into shitey' date=' overblown wankhole's of bands & constructive criticism be damned.

Ergo, Asia are shite.

Try it, it's fun and it greatly winds up people who take it personally rather than shrug it off.[/quote']

Yeahi agree, but I don't mind a bit of asia - the music isn't that great (I'm not stupid!) but they were 1982 for me and they make me feel all warm and fuzzy.....:love:

Check out the Reading 2006 post - I am capable of slagging things I don't like....honest!

Guest bluesxman

I'm not sure if I've actually heard Asia or not, but they seem to fall into my brain segment which groups together bands such as Foreigner, Boston, etc. Looking at their constituent members' past bands I don't think I want to know for sure. At least 2 of them were part of what punk wanted to kill off. And the mainstream American music scene is even worse than ours so selling millions of albums in that consumer market is hardly a recommendation to me at least.

I'm not sure if I've actually heard Asia or not' date=' but they seem to fall into my brain segment which groups together bands such as Foreigner, Boston, etc. Looking at their constituent members' past bands I don't think I want to know for sure. At least 2 of them were part of what punk wanted to kill off. And the mainstream American music scene is even worse than ours so selling millions of albums in that consumer market is hardly a recommendation to me at least.[/quote']

They are even cheezier than a block of stilton and very very 80's. Loads of keyboards etc.... You will have heard them before - you probably just didn't realise (or care) it was them!

Im sure there was a thread like this about Phil Collins that was actually even funnier....

and Marillion

and Midget Ure

and Dire Straights

and Chris DeBurgh

and Pink Floyd

and Tina Turner

etc

All should be destroyed and all records of their existence erased. Then the human race can move forward without guilt or shame.

I'm not sure if I've actually heard Asia or not' date=' but they seem to fall into my brain segment which groups together bands such as Foreigner, Boston, etc. Looking at their constituent members' past bands I don't think I want to know for sure. At least 2 of them were part of what punk wanted to kill off. And the mainstream American music scene is even worse than ours so selling millions of albums in that consumer market is hardly a recommendation to me at least.[/quote']

See, I agree with you - I've never heard of them and, looking at that line up, I never want to.

They instantly fall into that genre marked "pish" just on the line up alone.

Plus, and I hope he doesn't take this personally given his earlier posts on this thread, Jester likes them and that's also enough to put me off.

Actually, it would be hard for him not to take that personally...

Sorry!

Im sure there was a thread like this about Phil Collins that was actually even funnier....

and Marillion

and Midget Ure

and Dire Straights

and Chris DeBurgh

and Pink Floyd

and Tina Turner

etc

All should be destroyed and all records of their existence erased. Then the human race can move forward without guilt or shame.

You forgot Chris Rea.

Can we have a show of hands for anyone here that bought a ticket to his SOLD OUT Music Hall in April?

Give a million monkeys a million typewriters and they may come up with Shakespeare.

Give a million people a million bands to listen to and they still listen to Chris Rea.

I can only conclude that people are stupid and the sooner "Planet of The Apes" becomes reality the better.

You forgot Chris Rea.

Can we have a show of hands for anyone here that bought a ticket to his SOLD OUT Music Hall in April?

i've got mine for the SECC. very nice it will be too!

No' date=' see "good", "american" and "rock" has sctually just upset me even more.[/quote']

i bet people are gutted about upsetting a bastion of useful comments such as yourself!

/x

what like sonic youth in your avatar there? where do you think they're from? Yemen!

I'm fully aware of their geographical origins - I'm just not a fan of the "good american rock" genre. By saying that it just brings to mind a 1000 crap rock bands.

In fact, half of them probably aren't even American and are just tapping into the feel and the reference of the music.

Anyway - Asia. Still pish.

i've got mine for the SECC. very nice it will be too!

Lucky you' date=' I was going to rip my ears off with a rusty bandsaw that night - seemed preferable to an evening of comedy and all-round family entertainment by Cunt Rea.

i bet people are gutted about upsetting a bastion of useful comments such as yourself!

Ach, they needen't worry - I can handle it. Thanks to them all for caring though.

The bands of the past lay the road for the bands of the future - surely you can see that! To wipe any band off the planet might make the whole musical world fall down! How could you contemplate such an act?

:D

Not being a twat? Keeping constructive?

Why lower yourself to such petty insults as seen throughout this thread?

Note: You are the one that started the personal stabs in this thread.

Ah but all musics a matter of opinion, Betamax being a twat is a matter of fact, I'm not even sure I made a personal insult, I just commented and pretty much agreed with what he said about getting back on stage at their age being an ego thing - If you choose to be touchy about such things thats your opinion.

I've never yet and never will slag off the Video's or whatever you're currently called's music. No point its not the kind of music I'm into.

As for riding on the coat tails of others, I dont know what that feels like, for whatever little stuff I've achieved I've worked hard on it, andI'm happy with the results.

Cheers

Stuart

No! Why on earth would Asia reform?!

Especially when GTR could reform! That would be awesome, really.

Besides, I personally asked Steve Howe :kiss::):love: uhh... yeah, I personally asked Steve Howe to get Bodast back together. Oh... maybe he misheard me and thought I said Asia.. aww! This is all for me, guys!