aberdeen-music

Original Asia Line-Up Reunites

jester1470

Guest bluesxman
Im sure there was a thread like this about Phil Collins that was actually even funnier....

and Marillion

and Midget Ure

and Dire Straights

and Chris DeBurgh

and Pink Floyd

and Tina Turner

etc

All should be destroyed and all records of their existence erased. Then the human race can move forward without guilt or shame.

While I agree wholeheartedly with most of that list I shall defend some of Tina's work with Ike, it was ace. Agreed her solo stuff is wank though. And some of the earlier Pink Floyd stuff was OK but then they got terminally dull.

I am disappointed in this thread. It lacks the venom and bile that was in the Genesis/Phil Collins thread. I know it's not actually possible to hate a band/artist as much as Phil' date=' but c'mon people!![/quote']

To be fair, Asia are so far off of most peoples cultural radar that we just assume they are cunts - Phil Collins cuntetry was fairly evident for all to see throughout the 80s.

We need more gratutious swearing and ingenious insults in this thread though.

Its a dream of mine that one day all the people of dubious musical taste will be asked to fill out a tick box style questionaire. The questionaire will ask:

Do you like Phil Collins and/or his music?

Have you ever liked Phil Collins and/or his music?

Do you or any of your family own any recordings by Phil Collins?

Have you even sung a Phil Collins song at Karaoke?

Do you know any of the words to any Phil Collins song?

Have you ever had a dream with Phil Collins in it?

If Phil Collins was burning alive would you piss on him in order to put the fire out?

If any YES boxes are ticked the person in question is taken into custody, tortured and beaten up a bit and then incinerated alive, with all records of that persons life being destroyed. Immediate family and friends should then be placed under immediate state arrest and asked to complete the same questionaire.

There should also be one for Genesis, Asia, Chris Rea and Marillion.

Hiltler had the right idea he just picked on the wrong social group.

Its a dream of mine that one day all the people of dubious musical taste will be asked to fill out a tick box style questionaire. The questionaire will ask:

Do you like Phil Collins and/or his music?

Have you ever liked Phil Collins and/or his music?

Do you or any of your family own any recordings by Phil Collins?

Have you even sung a Phil Collins song at Karaoke?

Do you know any of the words to any Phil Collins song?

Have you ever had a dream with Phil Collins in it?

If Phil Collins was burning alive would you piss on him in order to put the fire out?

If any YES boxes are ticked the person in question is taken into custody' date=' tortured and beaten up a bit and then incinerated alive, with all records of that persons life being destroyed. Immediate family and friends should then be placed under immediate state arrest and asked to complete the same questionaire.

There should also be one for Genesis, Asia, Chris Rea and Marillion.

Hiltler had the right idea he just picked on the wrong social group.[/quote']

Ok...if say someone was to hate Phil Collins, Asia, Chris Rea and most of all Marillion, could they be forgiven for liking early Genesis ?

Ok...if say someone was to hate Phil Collins' date=' Asia, Chris Rea and most of all [b']Marillion, could they be forgiven for liking early Genesis ?

You may have to plead mitigating circumstances for that I think (LSD, Absynth, Newcastle Brown Ale or some other mind altering substance)

Or you could say it was the voices in your head told you to do it and then at least you'd get a nice padded room.

I'm actually devastated to find that the Brian Eno CD Another Green World has Phil Collins on it. I own it so am guilty by association.

Aye but did Brian Eno know that Phil Collins had got on his CD? The wee baldy bastard might have crept into to studio and pressed record while Brian was out for a fag. Brian might have then assumed he had accidentally recorded sound of someone trying to shit a melon out of their arse in the studio toilets, but left it in the mix as for artistic purposes. It could all be just a horrific mistake.

Guest bluesxman
Aye but did Brian Eno know that Phil Collins had got on his CD? The wee baldy bastard might have crept into to studio and pressed record while Brian was out for a fag. Brian might have then assumed he had accidentally recorded sound of someone trying to shit a melon out of their arse in the studio toilets' date=' but left it in the mix as for artistic purposes. It could all be just a horrific mistake.[/quote']

I didn't recall the strangled warblings affecting my enjoyment of said CD, on checking it appears he only played drums/percussion so quite acceptable in my book.

And Talking Heads are guilty of associating with someone who associated with Phil Collins. I just don't know what's ideologically-sound anymore

I don't know what's okay anymore! As soon as I finish work, I am going to check all my CD's and make sure none of them have been contaminated by that evil bald git Collins.

• 9 months later...
Well, just to resurrect the old thread :p The original Asia lineup is playing Glasgow on Thursday and I can't wait :) They were the first rock band I ever really liked and it's going to be great :)

I assume no-one else here is going, but I'll enjoy it :)

Cheers

Stuart

Dare you to try and shake Steve Howe's hand.

I assume no-one else here is going, but I'll enjoy it :)

You assume right as far as I'm concerned!

Whilst I will admit to liking a couple of songs from their first album - I have another later one that I can't stand. Asia to me are just too evocative of a certain time in my life that I'd rather not revisit, except maybe in my darkest moments.

Other famous members of Asia have included Aziz Ibrahim (Stone Roses/Ian Brown), Georgio Moroder, Greg Lake and Luis Jardim.

and guthrie govan... i guess the reason the original line-up is reforming because the current line up split up (which it seems included like 1 original member, this is just from skimming wikipedia 8-) ). losing the coolest guitarist on the planet must really suck, especially if the rest of the band goes with him o_O