aberdeen-music

Original Asia Line-Up Reunites

jester1470

From Steve Howes website.

February 1, 2006 - In conjunction with Asia's 25th anniversary the four original members--Steve (Yes), Geoff Downes (Buggles), Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake and Palmer), and John Wetton (King Crimson)--plan on celebrating the 25th anniversary of the creation of Asia with a CD, DVD, and world tour.

The original members wish to convey their heartfelt thanks for the global support, love and enthusiasm that has made this possible. Stay tuned for updates.

For anyone who doesnt know them, Asia were the 80's first huge supergroup selling 9 millions copies of their debut Asia:Asia which spent 9 weeks at number one on the US chart.

Asia's debut no1 hit single 'Heat of the Moment' was immortalised in South Park when Cartman sang it to Congress.

Other famous members of Asia have included Aziz Ibrahim (Stone Roses/Ian Brown), Georgio Moroder, Greg Lake and Luis Jardim.

I know most people on here will hate them but I always liked them, especially the early Wetton stuff.

Cheers

Stuart

still a self righteous twat then Beta?

Well to a point I have to agree with old Betamax, I mean how sad and big an ego would you have to have to still be desperate for the limelight etc at over 40, still desperately trying to show that your music matters and your relevant, and obviously still having the desire to make it big and famous, huge ego's indeed. Maybe they should change their name, that might help make them more relevant...

I can't think of anything sadder, can you Betamax ?

Oh yeah... oops...

ever thought that they maybe went; "wow its that long sice we first did this?! Man' date=' that was fun and we did some awesome things...lets commemorate those times and tour again. We will get paid a fuck load also for doing it huh? Why the hell not?"[/quote']

Nah Betamax is the arbiter of all taste, if he doesnt like things then they're not worthy, despite the 9 million people who enjoyed them they must be crap if he doesnt like them. He's a genius doncha know...

Cheers

Stuart

Nah Betamax is the arbiter of all taste' date=' if he doesnt like things then they're not worthy, despite the 9 million people who enjoyed them they must be crap if he doesnt like them. He's a genius doncha know...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I take it you dont like him? :D

Nah Betamax is the arbiter of all taste' date=' if he doesnt like things then they're not worthy, despite the 9 million people who enjoyed them they must be crap if he doesnt like them. He's a genius doncha know...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

9 million people can be wrong, i mean Bon Jovi sold 100 million records and they suck more ass than Captain Ass sucking ass with his motorised ass sucking machine.

9 million people can be wrong' date=' i mean Bon Jovi sold 100 million records and they suck more ass than Captain Ass sucking ass with his motorised ass sucking machine.[/quote']

Of course the 100 million people who bought Bon Jovi albums arent wrong. They obviously get something out of Bon Jovi, that you, or I dont get, but it doeant mean they're wrong. Thats the wonder of taste, we all like different things and because of that music in every way is constantly changing and evolving. I dont see how anyone can get enjoyment out of Bon Jovi, however I'm a big Def Leppard fan and many people group them in the same category - I see no similarities personally but many do. Thats the problem with this website,music isnt bad because you dont like it, it's not less or more worthy because it sells 1 or 1,000,000 it just appeals to various different people. If Betamax would rather get hit by a comet than go to see Asia then it's really simple, he doesnt go - though i'd rather see Betamax hit by a comet than go see Asia so it's swings and roundabouts - no point in getting upset or being a twat about it. The reality is Asia reforming doesnt actually affect him in any way shape or form, so to slag it off is pointless, let those who are interested and want to see it go and see it and he can be safe in the knowledge that he saved his money for something he likes.

The wonder of music is that everyone likes different things, I'm not a huge MMw fan but it doesnt make them bad because I dont like them, it just means my musical taste is not that way inclined, the many people who do like them get something that I dont out of them, and because people like them, people want to go and see them then it means they're doing something right. Let the Bon Jovi fans enjoy Bon Jovi, let the Paper Cut Out fans enjoy them, let's just be constructive instead of saying, they're crap etc etc.

Cheers

Stuart