aberdeen-music

Anyone here eligible for a good low interest rate loan?

threeornothing

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really pay for a car on installments' date=' you can buy them on hire purchase at an excessive interest rate to the finance company, which is effectively the same as taking a loan - but with a higher interest rate.

Usually you are cheaper taking a bank loan to buy the car in the long run.

Anyhoo, I think this is destined to be as successful as Keilan's similarly themed "Please Buy Me This Guitar" thread. If the banks (who have loads of money and have to write off millions of bad debts every year) don't trust you to pay them back, why do you think anybody on here will?[/quote']

I work for the Clydesdale, and we actually write off millions of pounds per MONTH. I have a staff account and can have a preferential loan of up to 30,000 with no security or insurance. My credit rating is not that great.

I disagree with the arguement that you should save for things and not use "credit". I need a new bed now, I've spent my savings on my last holiday, so I'll get a loan to pay for it and pay the loan back over a period of time. Debt is what drives the British economy.

What you need is a guarantor! Find some gullible chump!

Either that or get lots and lots of people to sponsor you to climb Everest for a made-up charity. Photoshop the photo's (I'll help for a small cut).

Hey you sound like the man for the job!

If you want that bed, take out a loan of 11,000 for 5 years, give me 10k, keep the 1k...then I can set up a standard order to your bank for £216.21 a month (thats the cost minus the payment protection...that shit is a rip off)

I could possibly pay you the £1k upfront if you give me the 11k.

Easy 1k if you're the trusting sort, 110% serious....PM :up:

Hey you sound like the man for the job!

If you want that bed' date=' take out a loan of 11,000 for 5 years, give me 10k, keep the 1k...then I can set up a standard order to your bank for 216.21 a month (thats the cost minus the payment protection...that shit is a rip off)

I could possibly pay you the 1k upfront if you give me the 11k.

Easy 1k if you're the trusting sort, 110% serious....PM :up:[/quote']

Ehhhh, no. You could not guarantee payment. A contract would not be legally binding unless I was set up as a FSA-registered company that provides loans.

And, anyway, how will you afford the tatoo if you NEED 10k?

I still think my sponsorship idea is good.

And' date=' anyway, how will you afford the tatoo if you NEED 10k?[/quote']

Some sewing needles and indian ink 8)

The sponsorship idea sounds too much like a scam I pulled off when I was 10 involving a school run sponsorship form, a photocopier, and a trip to the suburbs! We would have gotten away with it if we didn't visit one of the teachers house who realised we never actually went to the school!

Crime never pays.....

At the lowest interest rate possible you are looking at 54 months to pay off the 10,000 at 216 per month.

This past 6 months the Skandia Agressive Managed fund has returned 25% growth, meaning that after only 27 months you'd be sitting on 10,000. At 54 months (the same time as it would take to pay of the loan) it would be valued at 39,500.

Spend your time and energy learning about investmemts (particularily multi ISA wrapper funds) instead of loans.

This may be an extreme example, but in my experience it's not too hard to achieve with a little effort.

Take the fact you cannot get a loan as a signal to invest instead.

Either that or enjoy spending the 216 every month.

Get 1000 people to sponsor you for 10 to tattoo yourself with Indian ink' date=' a portrait of Bin Laden. I'm sure I would sponsor you! Tell friends to tell their friends.

Getting 1000 people is not that hard! Ask ten of your friends to sponsor you, then get them to each get 10 of [i']their friends to sponsor you.... etc...

Heh its a good idea, but 10 friends is 10 more than i actually have :p

what about begging? according to the EE a while back' date=' they were earning 18k a year doing it :p[/quote']

The Evening Depressed don't half talk a lot o' shite. What, a beggar makes 50 a day? SHITE!

How have they found this out? Does anyone know an honest beggar?? Knowing the EE, the headline was probably childish and massive, like; "Beggars make 18,000 a year doing their begging for money thing that beggars do".

Maybe one guy they questioned scooped 50 one day (thats believeable, I'll often chuck them a pound coin if they look cold and hungry, out of 200,000 folk I'm sure theres 49 more like-minded generous sods....) the next week he probably got an average of 63p a day, but EE did their magic maths and concocted a headline out of bullshit.

Anyway...most beggars only wait till they have a tenner then they all head to Sandilands....everyone I catch on the 18 bus that gets off at Woodside will never get a fucking penny off me...this includes beardy guy and "unfortunate" face woman.....

Wouldn't touch those fuckers with a bargepole (maybe a crowbar)

Yes Car Credit (the company that love phoning me 24x7) are a subsidary of them or something.....in either case, a company to never trust....

But anyway, if anyone reckons they can get a loan at a fixed APR rate under 6.5%, take out 11000 over 5 years, keep 1000 and I'll pay the whole lot off....build your credit! :up: