aberdeen-music

Download 2006

Untitled

I hope to god it isn't Guns'N'Roses in any way' date=' shape or form, Axl Rose deserves fuck all, new bands are churning out solid records and playing shows anywhere and everywhere to push themselves, and he's about as productive as Crosse And Blackwell in Peterhead, and that's been closed for 5 years.[/quote']

hahahaha. Brilliant!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to god it isn't Guns'N'Roses in any way' date=' shape or form, Axl Rose deserves fuck all, new bands are churning out solid records and playing shows anywhere and everywhere to push themselves, and he's about as productive as Crosse And Blackwell in Peterhead, and that's been closed for 5 years.[/quote']

I hope so they were 'kin dire at MOR '88! Luckily Maiden and Megadeth delivered the goods :up:

I'd put money on seeing Thursday on the bill' date=' along with Taking Back Sunday, Every Time I Die and Poison The Well, probably get some Underoath and maybe even a little bit of As I Lay Dying as well. A pound says Mendeed will pop up on the bill low down as well.

[/quote']

That would be absolutely amazing, in fact killswitch should headline as well.

Guest five years

the main stage/headliners will be rubbish, that will be praised as the most metal thing ever by kerrang and it'll all be fabulous for the fucking 20 year old cretins with their spiky armbands and mini-mosher mentality.

meanwhile the UK will not get anything to rival the amazing hellfest, there'll be a token stage with a couple of decent bands and everyone'll gloss over metal that isn't maiden or the murderdolls for another year. YEAY.

kerrang have A LOT to answer for.

the main stage/headliners will be rubbish' date=' that will be praised as the most metal thing ever by kerrang and it'll all be fabulous for the fucking 20 year old cretins with their spiky armbands and mini-mosher mentality.

meanwhile the UK will not get anything to rival the amazing hellfest, there'll be a token stage with a couple of decent bands and everyone'll gloss over metal that isn't maiden or the murderdolls for another year. YEAY.

kerrang have A LOT to answer for.[/quote']

you've been a right cheery bloke this past few weeks...

Guest five years

meanwhile the UK will not get anything to rival the amazing hellfest' date=' [/quote']

Lets hope that download isn't taken to court and cancelled like hellfest though.

good point, however, from the bloated egofest download will end up being it wouldn't be that much of a loss :D

Rumours about Motley Crue playing as well!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1560

Guns N' Roses confirm Dublin date

Guns N Roses have been confirmed for for a summer gig in Dublin later this year.

Performances from Guns N Roses have been few and far between in the last decade and it is expected that tickets will be snapped up quickly when they go on sale next Saturday at 9am, priced form 54.50.

The rock giants will be joined by special guests Motley Crue for the concert on Friday, June 9 in the RDS Arena.

The announcement that rock giants Guns N Roses will play the RDS will be welcomed by their Irish fans. Guns N Roses burst onto the music scene in 1985 with their own ferocious brand of rock and roll and since then have been thrilling audiences the world over. Having already sold over 80 million records, Guns N Roses are planning the release of their forthcoming studio album.

Doesn't it seem a bit like it's the same bands each year lately just in different orders?

it does to me

i said this after the second year

there simply arnt enough metal/rock/punk acts for a commecial festival to not repeat itself.

metallica have played 3 times in 3 years, and many of the others have played twice

it was no suprise when they brought in the rock/indie day

If the bills good the bills good, doesn't bother me if a fair percentage of the bill have played the festival before.

The old Monsters of Rock had only 7 bands maximum playing, twice that when it went to 2 stages but that was over one day.

We have up to a 100 bands playing over 3 days so thats alot of choice and more chance you'll like some of it and find something new too.

Like someone said earlier there aren't that many Metal bands on the go that you had completely different bands each year.

Think of it this way could you name 400 bands of a decent size to play, if you can tell Download that way they'll have 4 years of bills and no complaints.

I personally dont think it can be done without straying far into Reading/Leeds Indie territory.

This is its fourth year of DOWNLOAD and long may it continue :up:

Oh should add COME ON DOWNLOAD lets have SLAYER three years in a row :rockon:

• 1 month later...