aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Paulscoconutass

Munich

What a pile of poop, very long and the dialogue was often cheesy (one of the characters even hints at it). Didn't really enjoy it at all, although in fairness it was following one side but managed to stay neutral regarding the Arab-Israeli conflict. Stupendously dumbing down of locations and the conflict in general. Very, Very gorey bits, especially the shootout in the Olympic stadium/Airport.

4/10

Anyone else seen it.

I saw it yesterday, and I thought after about the first hour or so that it was just another Frederik Forsyth-style thriller. But it got much better when the homeland versus family dilemma was introduced. I was glad that was its central theme, rather than moral dilemma of "an eye for an eye" which is a well-worn one.

When was the cheesy dialogue hinted at? I didn't notice

I enjoyed it - it sure was thrilling. I didn't like the vague sort of apologism drifting in at the end, although I concede it would be on the mind of every retiring terrorist. The love explosion relation to the helicopter shootings was completely the wrong image to use, though.

I guess it leaves me feeling neutral at the end of the day too, in historical terms. Although the cobbled-together group of nationalities in the film served to reinforce that Judaism is NOT a nationality, and therefore in my eyes does not have a valid claim to statehood.

I enjoyed it, I did enjoy how they manage to keep their stance neutral aswell as following the Jewish group also.

The scene where both guys from the groups discuss the war between Palestine and Israel was probably my favourite.