aberdeen-music

The A team

Guest DustyDeviada
I can't imagine them collaborating with the Viet Kong or something like that.

But they didn't.

Because it was a crime they didn't commit.

They may have been accused, and indeed convicted, of collaborating with the Viet Kong or something though.

From Wikipedia:

The "crime they didn't commit"

During the Vietnam War, the A-Team's Commanding Officer gave them orders to rob the Bank of Hanoi to help bring the War to an end. They succeeded in completing their mission. On returning to base, they found their Commanding Officer murdered by the Viet Cong and his headquarters burnt to the ground. Therefore no proof existed that the A-Team were acting under orders, so they were sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't actually commit.

From Wikipedia:

The "crime they didn't commit"

During the Vietnam War' date=' the A-Team's Commanding Officer gave them orders to rob the Bank of Hanoi to help bring the War to an end. They succeeded in completing their mission. On returning to base, they found their Commanding Officer murdered by the Viet Cong and his headquarters burnt to the ground. Therefore no proof existed that the A-Team were acting under orders, so they were sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't actually commit.[/quote']

That's the kind of answer i was looking for. Good stuff.

During the Vietnam War, the A-Team's Commanding Officer gave them orders to rob the Bank of Hanoi to help bring the War to an end. They succeeded in completing their mission. On returning to base, they found their Commanding Officer murdered by the Viet Cong and his headquarters burnt to the ground. Therefore no proof existed that the A-Team were acting under orders, so they were sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't actually commit.

/x

Ok i have some A-team questions

1. If Mr T was scared of flying how did he A. get to vietnam and B. fight in a war that mainly relied on "hueys" to drop troops. Unless he was in a boat squad which i doubt seeing as he was part of a crack squad.

2. What did Mr T do in between getting booted out the army and becoming a bad ass mercinary to afford all that bling?

During the Vietnam War' date=' the A-Team's Commanding Officer gave them orders to rob the Bank of Hanoi to help bring the War to an end. They succeeded in completing their mission. On returning to base, they found their Commanding Officer murdered by the Viet Cong and his headquarters burnt to the ground. Therefore no proof existed that the A-Team were acting under orders, so they were sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't actually commit.

/x[/quote']

o_O Wait a minute! If they robbed the bank then they DID commit a crime! Their argument is that they were told to do it by a superior officer so that made it ok (hey didn't someone try that defence at a place called Nuremburg?)

From what I know about Special Forces "A-Teams" they spent most of their time deep in the jungle training the indigenous Montangard (sp?) tribespeople to fight "charlie"

Ok i have some A-team questions

1. If Mr T was scared of flying how did he A. get to vietnam and B. fight in a war that mainly relied on "hueys" to drop troops. Unless he was in a boat squad which i doubt seeing as he was part of a crack squad.

2. What did Mr T do in between getting booted out the army and becoming a bad ass mercinary to afford all that bling?

1: they gave him sleeping milk, before the mission, FOO.

2: inheritance? FOO

actually, reading Spoonies quote..."gave them orders to rob the Bank of Hanoi"..I think you'll find the evidence is hanging round BA's neck!

mr t is currently doing the voice for certain satellite navigation systems in cars. can you just imagine? 'straight ahead at the lights, foo!' 'i pity the foo that forgot to turn left at that junction!'

mr t used to do an advert for a collect calling service in the states. he actually stated 'i pity the foo who don't know how to make a collect call.' it was amazing!

Mr T is the black Jimmy Saville.

Mr T is waaaaay less creepy than Sir Jimmy - he looks like a Scooby Doo villain! When he was on Celeb Big Brother I kept waiting for someone to "unmask" him so he could turn to the camera and declare that "now then, now then, as it 'appens I would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!":up:

Mr T is waaaaay less creepy than Sir Jimmy - he looks like a Scooby Doo villain! When he was on Celeb Big Brother I kept waiting for someone to "unmask" him so he could turn to the camera and declare that "now then' date=' now then, as it 'appens I would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!":up:[/quote']

Dinnae diss 'The Sav'. Saville is just as hard as Mr T. Watch the Louis Theroux Wierd weekend with him for evidence!

Dinnae diss 'The Sav'. Saville is just as hard as Mr T. Watch the Louis Theroux Wierd weekend with him for evidence!

I have that one on DVD - sorry but like Sir Cliff, there is something not quite right about him and he makes my skin crawl. Still, neither of them as scary as Christine and Neil Hamilton though o_O That bit where she gets a bit pissed and comes on to Louis - eeek!

Mr T is waaaaay less creepy than Sir Jimmy - he looks like a Scooby Doo villain! When he was on Celeb Big Brother I kept waiting for someone to "unmask" him so he could turn to the camera and declare that "now then' date=' now then, as it 'appens I would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!":up:[/quote']

jimmydiary.jpg

saville2.jpg

http://www.chairmanmoo.co.uk/article.asp?category=diaries&id=124&key=saville

Guest DustyDeviada

If the rumours are to be believed, it's Saville himself who's been meddling with kids. o_O

If the rumours are to be believed' date=' it's Saville himself who's been meddling with kids. o_O[/quote']

Thats Slander! Can no-one like kids without rumours of kiddyfiddling? The worlds obsessed with paedophiles! (Anyone seen that episode of brass eye?) I think he's just a genuinely nice geezer who just happens to like making kids happy. I've got a mate who does kiddy birthdays as a clown cos he likes making kids happy - nothing wrong with that I say!