aberdeen-music

NEW My Mind's Weapon song!!

Dan G

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be said...this is pretty damn good :)

To me, this shows that you can be heavy AND make good music. The vocals really stand out for me on this, I can't explain it, but there's a sense of real (not contrived) urgency in the delivery of them.

A repeat listen? I think so.

its good, but the last one is better imo.

There is too much guitar wanking for me, and not enough actual song. So many different break downs, its gets kinda confusing and kinda makes me lose interest for a while, the chours saves it tho, it is very good.

Sound quality is very good, the guitars sound awesome, good solid drum sound as well.

About 1:40 min into the song it sounds uncannily like Dream Theater's The Mirror. Nothing wrong with a stolen riff and drum part hahahaha.

p.s Dan so when did you actually start writing solos for carcass?

Hahaha - I actually got that time change idea from Glass Prison (6:16), not the Mirror! (that's from Awake yeah?). Simple idea though; 4/4 at Xbpm before going into 6/8 at 2/3Xbmp... That way you can keep the riff the same at the same speed, but totally change the feel ;)

Solo's for Carcass? I personally thought it was more like Dimebag/Friedman but Ammott is good too :D

Songs always sound like other songs, so if people are gonna have their comparisons, at least they are Carcass/Opeth/Dream Theater/Megadeth :)

Hahaha - I actually got that time change idea from Glass Prison' date=' not the Mirror! (is that from Awake, cos if so that album's a bit pish). Simple idea though; 4/4 at Xbpm before going into 6/8 at 2/3Xbmp... That way you can keep the riff the same at the same speed, but totally change the feel ;)

Solo's for Carcass? I personally thought it was more like Dimebag/Friedman but Ammott is good too :D

Songs always sound like other songs, so if people are gonna have their comparisons, at least they are Carcass/Opeth/Dream Theater/Megadeth :)[/quote']

Now its 2 guitarists who rip off Carcass.:laughing::up:

Dan Atom-the song reminds me of a cross between "lost paradise" paradise lost mixed with the comedy major key riffs that arch enemy sometimes do (or the one also found 3/4 of the way through Corporal Jigsaw Quandary by Carcass).

Ok the old boys going to have a moan is that ok?

Its a bit all over the place for me, I have never enjoyed bands who have four songs rolled into one, queen were very bad for that, its got its good points, and the recording is great.

Heres my biggest moan..... I think Ben could have achieved a better vocal take, I think there are one or two to many slightly out of tune bits in the vocal, and the performance just wasnt there. I think your songs melody lines have become a bit samey, sorry Ben this isnt a go at you in any way but its always going to be hard keeping up with the musical talent of this band, so you have to work doubley hard being quite new to this singing malarky.

Keep it up

G...