aberdeen-music

Singer for saloon tunes

Jeejay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
awesome' date=' i'm away to look for Tindersticks stuff. tidy. its grim up north. somebody should start a band with this bloke.[/quote']

I'd recommend their second selt-titled album as a beginning step - The one in black and white with the half-tailored suits. Deeply dark immersive stuff, for listening to alone with only a bottle of scotch for company.

I'd recommend their second selt-titled album as a beginning step - The one in black and white with the half-tailored suits. Deeply dark immersive stuff' date=' for listening to alone with only a bottle of scotch for company.[/quote']

Any Tindersticks LP with Tiny Tears on it, is a must

Guest bluesxman

You will find everything you need to start with Tindersticks on their glorious first album, the one with the flamenco dancer on the cover. They have never bettered it as a whole album but they have had many moments to come close. If FOPP still have the Working For The Man CD at 5 quid that's also worth a shot especially if it's the double disc edition.

You will find everything you need to start with Tindersticks on their glorious first album' date=' the one with the flamenco dancer on the cover. They have never bettered it as a whole album but they have had many moments to come close. If FOPP still have the Working For The Man CD at 5 quid that's also worth a shot especially if it's the double disc edition.[/quote']

A later one, Donkeys is a very lovely & the one with the french film score

is pretty wonderful.

Guest bluesxman
A later one' date=' Donkeys is a very lovely & the one with the french film score

is pretty wonderful.[/quote']

Yeah, basically all their stuff is great, I've got it all, I just find their first album perfect.

Guest DustyDeviada
somebody should start a band with this bloke.

Yep, good plan, I'd be up for adding some atmospheric Lee Hazlewood/Duane Eddy/Ennio Morricone twang on my Gretsch for this kind of project.

Come on bass players/keyboardists/drummers, let's hear from you.