aberdeen-music

BBC stoop to a new fucking low

threeornothing

I can't believe what I'm seeing....a "benefits cheat" documentary. Sneaking grassing stalking bastards. I hope whoever conceived this show is strucken down with disability and forced to live the rest of their miserable lives on incapacity....then forced to work as shelf stacker in their wheelchair. Sick fucking society. The show probably cost more than the amount of "fraudulent" money out there.....

Worse....The theme tune is from The Hives!!!

the cheats..

...not watching it, but can see where you may be coming from. Ill health is a horrendous misfortune and lots of support form various angles is totally needed at shit times when it makes you incapacitiated.....

Can imagine what that programme's getting at, however, or at least trying to, is to point out that the system is a bit of a shambles at times and there ARE some folk who take the piss and claim things they shouldn't - or maybe were entitled to for a time, but are now extracting the urine to the max by re-applying all the time/becoming lazy/cynical/pathetic and taking advantage of the welfare system as much as they can.They tell lies and kid folk on. Folk from all walks of life. They're a joke. But genuine poor craters aren't and they are the ones the help should really go to. Ya zo.

Guest Neubeatz
Don't most people cheat the system?

Or have I been reading too much Irvine Welsh and watching too much Shameless..

No' date=' it's only [b']Cheats that do that, and if you have the capacity for the thought, ..........

i don't see what the problem is. it's just like those undercover, watchdog-type programs that are on all the time. if people take the piss and claim stuff they're not entitled to, they fucking deserve to get caught and punished. there might be rare occasions where people are genuinely in such a bad way that they can't afford to do without it but come of the stories i've heard from down in glasgow told by people with such a blase attitude that it's shocked me. the more people who don't deserve the money take it, the less there is for people who do.

/x

Guest Main Agent

Pah....

Its cheap entertainment for nobrained morons who sit complaining about their worthless lives as slavez to the global petrochemical military industrial complex. :down:

Also your license money is being spent on crap that needs no script, no writers, and no actors, :down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

For every billion that's claimed, there's 2 billion sitting unclaimed because people don't know they're entitled to it. Anyone here claim Working Tax credit?

Guest Main Agent
I can't see a problem with it.

There was a woman who used to live across from me who claimed benefits for a bad back.

She spent one summer building a huge dyke... she also did some very heavy gardening.

Bad back my ass.

These people claim money that could be given to people that actually need it... so I don't see a problem in what the programme is doing.

Well, I saw a programe which IMHO reinforces an undertone that is prevalent in a right wing neo-facist dictatorship.

It seeks to turn the population against each other, dont trust your neighbour for instance, they are benefit cheats, and as such are depriving you of your holiday home in the bahamas, and all the other luxuries that you as a responsible tax paying citizen deserve.

As for your bad back woman, did you see her giro? did you see her letter of award from the DWP? did her doctor tell you she was faking?

Did you go to see the RMO and his team at Atholl House to tell them she was cheating the system?

If not, then why not? As a taxpayer its your duty to god and the queen.

The fact that people see no problem with this type of cheap shot "public information film" aimed at some of the most vulnerable individuals in our society is a problem.

thing is, it is the ones who REALLY need the money that get caught so I feel so bad for them - the people working for the fraud side of things felt bad for them

I honestly would rather take money from the assholes at the top and let them see how it feels to live on 70 quid a week - yeah they could get a job and but lets face some people just can't.

I still can't understand why the BBC would think this would make good television.

Oh and as for backpain its not always going to stop you doing things.

Someday I may need the help of benifits theres no way I am going to slag off or grass on people who clearly need the cash, you never know what life is going to throw at you.

I honestly would rather take money from the assholes at the top and let them see how it feels to live on 70 quid a week - yeah they could get a job and but lets face some people just can't.

I don't get how people just "Can't" fair enough if they have injured themself and cannot work because of the injury or any psychological problem but apart from that I really don't get it.

I don't get how people just "Can't" fair enough if they have injured themself and cannot work because of the injury or any psychological problem but apart from that I really don't get it.

OH well I understand and if I try to explain then I expect that I will probably be shot down in flames by those law abiding tax payers

Benefit fraud is one of those things that I just can't lose sleep over. If you are on the scraphead I can't blame people for taking society for all it's got. It makes bugger all difference to the man in the street, investigating benefit costs far more. Daily Mail readers go on about where their taxes go but never seem to pretest about it going on bombving the shit out of other countries where as a result babies are being born with cancer.

Guest tv tanned

And yet, every week I hear of people who are being chased for thousands of pounds of tax credit money which the government claims they were overpaid.

These people then get hit hard as their benefits are reduced, and thus the vicious cycle begins.

People are all too quick, as Sharon is, to use an isolated example as a personification of the wider problem. It's very easy to do that, and the media are experts at it with a whole range of issues.

I don't have any sympathy for people who are perfectly capable of working, but choose to claim benefits. Not because they are stealing "my taxes" (which account for a miniscule sum of the total) but because they automatically transfer their bad reputation onto those who genuinely need benefits.

Some people need to get a taste of things at the bottom of the ladder before they cast aspersions from the top.

Ridiculous post. I suppose because I'm from Glasgow that means I'm a benefit sponging junkie? Get a fucking grip.

No that was a joke about the 11 year old heroin user...

Also' date=' your first sentence makes no sense. So I should get benefits? I'm an able worker who earns plenty to have a good quality of life... I have no disability and no need for extra cash... No, I really don't think I should be given benefits.[/quote']

Good for you...i work and I'm entitled to benefits.

You have children etc... you're in a completely different situation to me.

Your statement basically said everyone should get benefits (asides junkies etc) and I was merely pointing out the massive flaw in that statement... essentially giving people money who have money are able to earn more money easily... it's just not necessary.

nah depends on how much you earn, you don't need to have children to be entitled