aberdeen-music

underragers at the tunnels

ilobemusic

So you called the venue and they said "No you can't come in"' date=' but you decide to go anyway, slipped through the net, and then report back on a public forum that , this is on the same thread where the venue's management (the very person you telephoned) is already active! Now I'm not having a go at you here, just pointing out that your post will not be held up as a shining beacon of intellect, judgement, and discretion for years to come. You may well be nominated for some sort of Darwin Award for social suicide by Intermet though... in the event that all underagers ARE banned it may even be upgraded to a lifetime achievement prize for social genocide.

Now... just guessing, but do you have a self portrait in your gallery, and your birthday logged in your profile/the events calander? Possibly best delete those.[/quote']

fair enough but yeah pretty much we were bored and out of interest we thouht we would have a look in to see if it really was over 18s.and yes i was lied to.so you really cant blame me for being annoyed...can you?

So you called the venue and they said "No you can't come in"' date=' but you decide to go anyway, slipped through the net, and then report back on a public forum that , this is on the same thread where the venue's management (the very person you telephoned) is already active! Now I'm not having a go at you here, just pointing out that your post will not be held up as a shining beacon of intellect, judgement, and discretion for years to come. You may well be nominated for some sort of Darwin Award for social suicide by Intermet though... in the event that all underagers ARE banned it may even be upgraded to a lifetime achievement prize for social genocide.

Now... just guessing, but do you have a self portrait in your gallery, and your birthday logged in your profile/the events calander? Possibly best delete those.[/quote']

and it was my dad that spoke to hen on the phone.and hen went away to check with someone and said that it was 18 overs only.umm hen could you possibly back me up here?tell em what you said...and also it wasnt like i sneaked in im obviously not 18.duuh..

haha

remember that

when ur relying on a nurse of my generation

to keep ur life support working...

ha

ha

just treat us with a little more respect mkay?

Are you suggesting that the next generation of nurses will be staffed with people that started drinking at 14...

So I can expect it to be some 29 year old with a big wobbly red bloodshot nose giving me my next tetnus?

Now I'm scared!

I got threatened of being chucked out of the tunnels when Howards Alias were playing simply because I had a toilet plunger.... *is confused*

i remember that, it was fucking hilarious!

fair enough but yeah pretty much we were bored and out of interest we thouht we would have a look in to see if it really was over 18s.and yes i was lied to.so you really cant blame me for being annoyed...can you?

Or maybe the management forgot to inform the bar/door staff of the new policy.

Just ask your dad's staff if that ever happens ;)

I remember when I was in there playing with my band a few weeks back.

One of the bands' date=' I think it was Junkdust, had a group of underagers with them, and that Jim dude had no problem with them being there, he went over just to check on them a few times, but he seemed very reasonable as they were well behaved.

Maybe you were doing something wrong which he didn't like that night, behaviour, maybe? I don't know, I'm just speculating.[/quote']

It was indeed Junk Dust, we had a few underagers with us, but i think they only had one drink each, The guy in the suit asked me if i would be buying anymore drinks for them and i said no, he knew what was going on i knew what was going on, but we left it at one drink for each underager, I only bought them one drink, and i don't think any of my other mates did, but i spent i lot of the night with my band so i wasn't really aware of what was going on, but he didn't seem to mind, i think it was cause we were out of the way and not causing any trouble. But anyway respect to the man for not throwing my mates out, they would of been gutted not to see us play, ( sly little promotion coming up here )

www.myspace.com/junkdust

And yes i know i shouldn't of been buying drink for underagers, but it happens everyday, people did it for me all the time, saying that i haven't bought alcohol for anyone under the age of 18 since that night.

Cheers Steve

I know' date=' but it has been a while since then so i don't think anyone, is going to take action now.[/quote']

what a sod!

Whats with everyone owning up to drinking underage and selling underagers drink - are you all stupid! Why dont you grow a tash or get you're tallest mate to buy a ghetto size bottle of white cider and drink it in the back lane next to moshulu or kef like a regular underager!

I only bought them one drink

So UFB - do you believe:

1) That you have some sort of God given right to risk The Tunnels license?

2) That just so your mates could have something that they were not entitled to, it was worth risking getting The Tunnels shut down?

3) That the jobs and livelihood of everyone who works at The Tunnels is something it is acceptable for you to risk?

4) That the people who own The Tunnels and put their blood sweat, and tears... not to mention a whole heap of money that they have had to work very hard for... it's OK for you to gamble with that?

5) That the people that would no longer be able to frequent The Tunnels, and all the other bands that would no longer be able to play there, are accetable collateral damage?

Because had anything gone wrong, and believe me nobody ever plans to get caught, then that is EXACTLY what would have happened. And it would have been due to your selfish, stupid, thoughless, "nobody will ever find out" action.

Licensing law is very strict compared with the laws that most of you are familair with. There are no let-offs, no cautions, and no warnings. Caught serving someone 1 min after time? Lose your license immediately. For example a well known local kebab shop was licensed to serve food until 4am. There was a queue of people in the shop, some of them had been waiting a while. The police walked past and witnessed the assistant taking money at 4 mins past 4. The shop lost it's license and was closed down. It was it's first and only offence. That was 4 years ago. It' still shut.

But the worst offences under licensing law are:

3) Serving alcohol to someone underage.

2) Killing someone with alcohol

1) And worst of all is killing someone underagewith alcohol.

The definition of 'killing' is pretty broad. If for example one of your underage mates, had walked out in front of a car, and the police had learned that the person had been in The Tunnels beforehand, then a post mortem would have checked for alcohol. Had even a very small quantity of alcohol in their bloodstream - like the one drink you bought them. Then 4 people would have been held personally liable and accountable for that death:

The car driver

The licensee of The Tunnels

The cool bald guy who didn't throw you all out.

You. Yes you, because you are over 18, and you bought a fatal drink for someone you knew was under 18.

The conviction would have been made to stick quite easily. You would all have gone to jail.

But even just serving someone under 18 (who later survives) - which so many of you view as 'OK' - is treated by the courts as being on par with sticking your dick up a 3 year olds ass. They really don't like it :nono: Get caught doing it just once, even by accident, and the venue will lose it's license, and be forced to shut down. And just like underage drinking, this happens all the time. The police do not turn a blind eye.

Right now the police have a big initiative on. They are clamping down hard on anywhere that is reputed to serve drink to people underage. They are sending out people undercover with hidden cameras recording equipment.

Underagers trying to buy drinks for themselves is bad enough, but this is even worse. You should be old enough to know better.

So UFB - do you believe:

1) That you have some sort of God given right to risk The Tunnels license?

2) That just so your mates could have something that they were not entitled to' date=' it was worth risking getting The Tunnels shut down?

3) That the jobs and livelihood of everyone who works at The Tunnels is something it is acceptable for you to risk?

4) That the people who own The Tunnels and put their blood sweat, and tears... not to mention a whole heap of money that they have had to work very hard for... it's OK for you to gamble with that?

5) That the people that would no longer be able to frequent The Tunnels, and all the other bands that would no longer be able to play there, are accetable collateral damage?

Because had anything gone wrong, and believe me nobody ever plans to get caught, then that is EXACTLY what would have happened. And it would have been due to your selfish, stupid, thoughless, "nobody will ever find out" action.

Licensing law is very strict compared with the laws that most of you are familair with. There are no let-offs, no cautions, and no warnings. Caught serving someone 1 min after time? Lose your license immediately. For example a well known local kebab shop was licensed to serve food until 4am. There was a queue of people in the shop, some of them had been waiting a while. The police walked past and witnessed the assistant taking money at 4 mins past 4. The shop lost it's license and was closed down. It was it's first and only offence. That was 4 years ago. It' still shut.

But the worst offences under licensing law are:

3) Serving alcohol to someone underage.

2) Killing someone with alcohol

1) And worst of all is killing someone underagewith alcohol.

The definition of 'killing' is pretty broad. If for example one of your underage mates, had walked out in front of a car, and the police had learned that the person had been in The Tunnels beforehand, then a post mortem would have checked for alcohol. Had even a very small quantity of alcohol in their bloodstream - like the one drink you bought them. Then 4 people would have been held personally liable and accountable for that death:

The car driver

The licensee of The Tunnels

The cool bald guy who didn't throw you all out.

You. Yes you, because you are over 18, and you bought a fatal drink for someone you knew was under 18.

The conviction would have been made to stick quite easily. You would all have gone to jail.

But even just serving someone under 18 (who later survives) - which so many of you view as 'OK' - is treated by the courts as being on par with sticking your dick up a 3 year olds ass. They really don't like it :nono: Get caught doing it just once, even by accident, and the venue will lose it's license, and be forced to shut down. And just like underage drinking, this happens all the time. The police do not turn a blind eye.

Right now the police have a big initiative on. They are clamping down hard on anywhere that is reputed to serve drink to people underage. They are sending out people undercover with hidden cameras recording equipment.

Underagers trying to buy drinks for themselves is bad enough, but this is even worse. You should be old enough to know better.[/quote']

You, my pirate friend, are indeed a legend.

Flash for the second time in 2 days...you are a legend. Also, you just totally owned steve.

:up: fully agree though... though saying that is a bit hippocritical of me though, because i can't say i've never been bought drink...

A Vast Majority of people have been bought Alcohol when under the age of 18, im sure alot of the people here have, i am not saying its right to buy drink for underagers, but it happens everyday, but it was up to the barstaff wether they served me or not, they knew which group of people i had come from and where myself and the "underagers" were sitting, the guy in the suit knew where i went back to and watched me hand my underage friends drink, did he ask us to leave, No, i went upto the bar asked for 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks, most places they would of only served me an alcoholic drink, but did the bar staff batter an eyelid, no.

I can't see the end to buying underagers drink until all pubs, clubs, venues, get their act together, it seems that some places would rather kick you out, if your not going to buy a drink, if you look under 18, then on the other hand some places, seem not to mind some of the time.

Guest MerryChristmas
A Vast Majority of people have been bought Alcohol when under the age of 18' date=' im sure alot of the people here have, i am not saying its right to buy drink for underagers, but it happens everyday, but it was up to the barstaff wether they served me or not, they knew which group of people i had come from and where myself and the "underagers" were sitting, the guy in the suit knew where i went back to and watched me hand my underage friends drink, did he ask us to leave, No, i went upto the bar asked for 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks, most places they would of only served me an alcoholic drink, but did the bar staff batter an eyelid, no.

I can't see the end to buying underagers drink until all pubs, clubs, venues, get their act together, it seems that some places would rather kick you out, if your not going to buy a drink, if you look under 18, then on the other hand some places, seem not to mind some of the time.[/quote']

Sometimes staff are too busy to do anything do you know how hard it is to spot someone buying drinks for underagers?

You're playing it and if you get caught you could end up getting fined for buying drinks for underagers. If it is an under 18 venue then it is fair to let under 18s in but they should respect the trust given to them not too drink and those over 18 should be responsible enough not to buy drinks for them.

Oh heres another one for you... If and this is quite a big if... I ever find out what you look like and I am working at some place which is under 14s and you come to the door you will be refused. Why? Because now I know that I couldn't trust you not to buy drinks for underagers

Barstaff wouldn't be fined for serving you even if you give your drinks to underagers but.

they could lose their jobs

doorman could lose his/her job and be fined or could lose their licence meaning they are pretty much up shit creek if it is their only job

pub/club/bar gets fined and possibly loses licence

/not entirely unlikely

Which company does the security for the tunnels?