aberdeen-music

underragers at the tunnels

ilobemusic

Guest Tam o' Shantie
last night i went to the tunnels' date=' to see elevation,the genics and short notice.the place was pretty dead when we got there and didnt seem to fill up at all.within five minutes of sitting down we were approached my a tall balding man in a suit.we were told by him that if we didnt buy drinks we could get out.he said this like he knew what he was doing was wrong and couldnt seem to give any good reasons for it when i questioned this.so we bought drinks.as far as we could see he hadnt said this to anyone else and we were the only underagers there.the place was still kinda dead and boring after the first band (who were actually very good) so as we were about to leave for drummonds we were approached by a man with a shaved head also in a suit.he told us to get out because we were underage.but why were we allowed in in the first place?and why did he tell us to get out after we had been sitting there and drinking (coke) all evening?he threw us out onto the streets when our lifts werent for another few hours where anything could have happened and it wasnt like we were even taking up space for other drinkers.seems pretty dodgy to me.we were treated like hooligans when we were just sitting and chatting and enjoying the music.i kno im not the only underage person who feels cheated by the tunnels but i was just wandering is this a common occurance?does anybody else underage (or not) feel they were treated harshly and rudely by members of staff at the tunnels?[/quote']

sounds like appalling behaviour and i don't understand how any business can treat its customers like that. i've had this kind of bullshit from them too, and i'm 20 years old. one of the many reasons i hate to go to the tunnels.

Im sorry but I have no sympathy' date=' if you are underage, you shouldnt be in the tunnels at all unless it specifies that it is an underage night. They can lose their liscence, and jim would be out of a job. so wether you paid to get in or not sweetie, theyve every right to tell you to get out. :down:[/quote']

yeh i know the laws and its over 14 unless otherwise specified.and it wasnt.they have the right to tell us to get lost but they did treat us reli poorly.

you think that's bad? one time i was in the tunnels having a quiet beverage at one of the underground DIY hardcore gigs i so often frequent and when i left and went home' date=' i found that the staff of the tunnels had robbed my house and left my family for dead while i'd been out. to top it all off, it was at this point i realised that the barstaff had stolen my trousers off my body while i'd been sitting there and i'd walked all the way down the road with my massive schlong hanging out of the bottom of my boxers.*

talk about a bad night

/x

* no part of this story is true (apart from me having a massive schlong). the tunnels is nice and i hate hardcore music.[/quote']

that amused me greatly.

not as far as I know' date=' but best to give the Tunnels a bell through the day tomorrow on 01224 211121[/quote']

Hen From tunnels said that from now on all gigs at the tunnels would be over 18s unless otherwise stated and he said that included last night (and he also said he just checked with his boss)....buuuuuut my friends and i were early for another gig so we went down to tunnels just to see if we would get in...and we did!the place was full of underagers!!it was a good night but im kinda getting fed up with the tunnels inconsistant rules.

COME ON TUNNELS can someone explain whats going on?

Hen From tunnels said that from now on all gigs at the tunnels would be over 18s unless otherwise stated and he said that included last night (and he also said he just checked with his boss)

There's been nothing to say otherwise, so I think it's best to not assume things and just to go by what it says on their big posters inside the place. Wouldn't want wrong information spread, after all, seeing as it could hurt their bottom line :)

Hen From tunnels said that from now on all gigs at the tunnels would be over 18s unless otherwise stated and he said that included last night (and he also said he just checked with his boss)....buuuuuut my friends and i were early for another gig so we went down to tunnels just to see if we would get in...and we did!

So you called the venue and they said "No you can't come in"' date=' but you decide to go anyway, slipped through the net, and then report back on a public forum that

the place was full of underagers!
, this is on the same thread where the venue's management (the very person you telephoned) is already active! Now I'm not having a go at you here, just pointing out that your post will not be held up as a shining beacon of intellect, judgement, and discretion for years to come. You may well be nominated for some sort of Darwin Award for social suicide by Intermet though... in the event that all underagers ARE banned it may even be upgraded to a lifetime achievement prize for social genocide.

Now... just guessing, but do you have a self portrait in your gallery, and your birthday logged in your profile/the events calander? Possibly best delete those.