aberdeen-music

underragers at the tunnels

ilobemusic

last night i went to the tunnels, to see elevation,the genics and short notice.the place was pretty dead when we got there and didnt seem to fill up at all.within five minutes of sitting down we were approached my a tall balding man in a suit.we were told by him that if we didnt buy drinks we could get out.he said this like he knew what he was doing was wrong and couldnt seem to give any good reasons for it when i questioned this.so we bought drinks.as far as we could see he hadnt said this to anyone else and we were the only underagers there.the place was still kinda dead and boring after the first band (who were actually very good) so as we were about to leave for drummonds we were approached by a man with a shaved head also in a suit.he told us to get out because we were underage.but why were we allowed in in the first place?and why did he tell us to get out after we had been sitting there and drinking (coke) all evening?he threw us out onto the streets when our lifts werent for another few hours where anything could have happened and it wasnt like we were even taking up space for other drinkers.seems pretty dodgy to me.we were treated like hooligans when we were just sitting and chatting and enjoying the music.i kno im not the only underage person who feels cheated by the tunnels but i was just wandering is this a common occurance?does anybody else underage (or not) feel they were treated harshly and rudely by members of staff at the tunnels?

tall bald guy in suit...Jim must've been in a bad mood :p

and i've never had problems there, and as you know i'm there AT LEAST once a week... but maybe its coz im not a stingey bitch and actually buy drinks :up:

I think ur missing the point here.we paid to get in.we should have been told here to get lost if indeed it was an over18s night.and why did they only chuck us out after they made us buy drinks?bribing the customers...tut tut.

Im sorry but I have no sympathy, if you are underage, you shouldnt be in the tunnels at all unless it specifies that it is an underage night. They can lose their liscence, and jim would be out of a job. so wether you paid to get in or not sweetie, theyve every right to tell you to get out. :down:

Im sorry but I have no sympathy' date=' if you are underage, you shouldnt be in the tunnels at all unless it specifies that it is an underage night. They can lose their liscence, and jim would be out of a job. so wether you paid to get in or not sweetie, theyve every right to tell you to get out. :down:[/quote']

Isn't it the opposite way around with the tunnels, that it's 14+ unless otherwise specified? I dunno, haven't been underage in 3 years :D

But yeah, as ross says, big jim'll sort you out no problem.

I remember when I was in there playing with my band a few weeks back.

One of the bands, I think it was Junkdust, had a group of underagers with them, and that Jim dude had no problem with them being there, he went over just to check on them a few times, but he seemed very reasonable as they were well behaved.

Maybe you were doing something wrong which he didn't like that night, behaviour, maybe? I don't know, I'm just speculating.

you think that's bad? one time i was in the tunnels having a quiet beverage at one of the underground DIY hardcore gigs i so often frequent and when i left and went home, i found that the staff of the tunnels had robbed my house and left my family for dead while i'd been out. to top it all off, it was at this point i realised that the barstaff had stolen my trousers off my body while i'd been sitting there and i'd walked all the way down the road with my massive schlong hanging out of the bottom of my boxers.*

talk about a bad night

/x

* no part of this story is true (apart from me having a massive schlong). the tunnels is nice and i hate hardcore music.

you think that's bad? one time i was in the tunnels having a quiet beverage at one of the underground DIY hardcore gigs i so often frequent and when i left and went home' date=' i found that the staff of the tunnels had robbed my house and left my family for dead while i'd been out. to top it all off, it was at this point i realised that the barstaff had stolen my trousers off my body while i'd been sitting there and i'd walked all the way down the road with my massive schlong hanging out of the bottom of my boxers.*

talk about a bad night

/x

* no part of this story is true (apart from me having a massive schlong). the tunnels is nice and i hate hardcore music.[/quote']

I actually just pissed myself. that made my day.

Tis true. We steal trousers. And we sacrificially slaughter endangered animal species on a nightly basis :p

so whats the deal with the "no underagers on fridays and satardays " policy?

i dont think i have ever been kicked outta the tunnels ever..o_O

meh

x