aberdeen-music

My Minds Weapon And Flood Of Red Added To Fuck Off Machete Line Up

Well' date=' I DID think that when ever I saw you, because I didn't know your name or anything else about you, for a good while you were always "the guy from Atom Flask!". 8)[/quote']

I new better by then and I refer to Greenblade, the early years. Selling out the Pelican and Drummonds did have an effect on the band. I'm glad to say that I grew out of it quickly but some didn't...

You were always, to me, the guy that plays sax in my band' until I saw your name written on the inside of your winter denim jacket at Moshulu on you last gig with SS...

:love:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were always' date=' to me, the guy that plays sax in my band' until I saw your name written on the inside of your winter denim jacket at Moshulu on you last gig with SS...

:love:[/quote']

Oh! All that time, I thought I was a flautist in Andy's band! o_O

grgrgrgrrrr

we

are all at least

for a start

and have as much right as you to be there...

(rant over its just kinda annoying bein spoken about in such a patronising way)

It wasnt patronising....i never questioned any one having more rights to be there than i do...its just not my idea of an ace time mingling with people nearly 10 years my junior.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Anyway ' date=' aye, the 13 yr old thing was puzzling cos my weapons mind are utter shite. Where are these people for the rest of the aberdeen gigs? [/quote']

The best post I've ever read on here.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So a local band gets a big crowd then that crowd fucks off before the music that they have never heard is played' date=' making me think that ain't got a fucking clue which means that a local band gets led into a false sense of importance based on the fact that a herding gaggle of youth follow their every move, and nothing else...

(Fashion music for the masses)[/quote']

On second thoughts, this is the best post I've ever read on here.

ok so how bout it from this angle.....

MAYBE some of them listened to FOM before they went and didnt like what they had to offer, maybe the same goes for other gigs as well, its very easy to find bands online and listen to tunes obvioulsy so whats to say some of them didnt do that and make their decision from there. As was said earlier the supports were very different to the headline act, and from a personal point of view i would of went to see weapon and no FOM as i didnt really like the tunes i heard, its not really my kinda thing.

I noticed that a very large percentage of the people at the front left the gig when FOM were gonna be coming on.

I stayed for a song or two but - as it wasn't my thing - headed out.

Milner is right, maybe some people heard them (before the gig I mean) and didn't like them so thought not to stay if they wouldn't enjoy it. Others probably had buses to catch.

Of course there will be people that went specifically to see certain bands and then left before the headliners - Oh well, not the end of the world I suppose!

in my opinion people can go to whatever gig they please (bearing in mind age restrictions)' date=' and leave whenever they please. as far as im aware there is no law stating that you have to like all the bands before being granted entry into a venue.

Steve[/quote']

I'm up for lobbying the Government for such a law...

I'd just like to say that maybe people didn't enjoy FOM and that's why they left? It's not as if they are an easily accessible band to get into, especially on first listen.

Just like a lot of you guys think MMW are shite (and you're entitled to your opinion), simultaneously people would have thought FOM are shite. Including me. I'm not saying that means others can't enjoy them and they are actually a bad band... but everyone has personal tastes and opinions.

That gig was absolutely packed, which from my point of view was awesome because it feels good to see people supporting my band. That doesn't make me think that I must be amazing and miles better than anyone else... it's just that after 6 years of playing in bands it's cool to see more than just my friends in the venue, never mind in the front row singing some of the words!

Everyone is a kid once, and I'd like to think people 13 and 30 alike would enjoy our band (if they are into this sort of music), and that the older music lovers amongst us wouldn't be so grumpy that; a) young 'scene' kids ruin their gigs by going to them, and b) young 'scene' kids then ruin their gig by leaving before the last band.

At least make your mind up... :D

I'd just like to say that maybe people didn't enjoy FOM and that's why they left? It's not as if they are an easily accessible band to get into' date=' especially on first listen.

Just like a lot of you guys think MMW are shite (and you're entitled to your opinion), simultaneously people would have thought FOM are shite. Including me. I'm not saying that means others can't enjoy them and they are actually a bad band... but everyone has personal tastes and opinions.

That gig was absolutely packed, which from my point of view was awesome because it feels good to see people supporting my band. That doesn't make me think that I must be amazing and miles better than anyone else... it's just that after 6 years of playing in bands it's cool to see more than just my friends in the venue, never mind in the front row singing some of the words!

Everyone is a kid once, and I'd like to think people 13 and 30 alike would enjoy our band (if they are into this sort of music), and that the older music lovers amongst us wouldn't be so grumpy that; a) young 'scene' kids ruin their gigs by going to them, and b) young 'scene' kids then ruin their gig by leaving before the last band.

At least make your mind up... :D[/quote']

Grand closing point!

:up:

It wasnt patronising....i never questioned any one having more rights to be there than i do...its just not my idea of an ace time mingling with people nearly 10 years my junior.

I'd like to see how the 14 years would react if 10 year olds started getting admitted to gigs. Perhaps then it would sink in...

Wait - forget I even thought that *SHUDDER*

Seriously though, what they fail to realise is that 10 is to 14 what 14 is to 18. And only someone who is less than 18 would disagree with that.

I'd like to see how the 14 years would react if 10 year olds started getting admitted to gigs. Perhaps then it would sink in...

Wait - forget I even thought that *SHUDDER*

Seriously though' date=' what they fail to realise is that 10 is to 14 what 14 is to 18. And only someone who is less than 18 would disagree with that.[/quote']

I am less than 18 and i agree with that...i KNOW i am a pain in the ass, but im having fun whilst being it...:up:

That is a good point Flash but you can't be discriminating kids just because you are older than them. Ok they might get on your nerves but that doesn't mean they have no right in being there.

That's the kind of attitude that would discourage kids from going to gigs and just start hanging out in the streets.

Everyone got into going to gigs at a young age and they are just doing the same thing. They are naive so let them do their thing.

I hope Dave closes this thread because it's turned into a bit of an embaressment.