aberdeen-music

My Minds Weapon And Flood Of Red Added To Fuck Off Machete Line Up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy jehovas breakfast!, werent fuck off machete just marvelous? I was dancing like a freakboy on e. Anyway , aye, the 13 yr old thing was puzzling cos my weapons mind are utter shite. Where are these people for the rest of the aberdeen gigs? Machete were truely awesome, fiction/////////////////////action were ok, i liked the new songs much better than the old ones, although do the math is rocking.

ah here we go again' date=' christ its boring reading the same moans over and over again.[/quote']

and its boring that the same old shit happens over and over again...

So a local band gets a big crowd then that crowd fucks off before the music that they have never heard is played, making me think that ain't got a fucking clue which means that a local band gets led into a false sense of importance based on the fact that a herding gaggle of youth follow their every move, and nothing else...

Yup, I just typed the same old shite, I'm boring myself now.

It will always be annoying and irritating and will always be!

(Fashion music for the masses)

and its boring that the same old shit happens over and over again...

So a local band gets a big crowd then that crowd fucks off before the music that they have never heard is played' date=' making me think that ain't got a fucking clue which means that a local band gets led into a false sense of importance based on the fact that a herding gaggle of youth follow their every move, and nothing else...

Yup, I just typed the same old shite, I'm boring myself now.

It will always be annoying and irritating and will always be!

(Fashion music for the masses)[/quote']

Until the next fad band comes along.

so what if people pay just too see the first two or three bands its their loss, they havent got all they could for the same money everyone else paid.

Anyway surely its a good thing that these people come out just too see a local band in such good numbers, its show the band are doing something that people enjoy even if its not everyones cup of tea.

Anyway i feel dejavu (sp??) coming on so ill stop.

so what if people pay just too see the first two or three bands its their loss' date=' they havent got all they could for the same money everyone else paid.

Anyway surely its a good thing that these people come out just too see a local band in such good numbers, its show the band are doing something that people enjoy even if its not everyones cup of tea.

Anyway i feel dejavu (sp??) coming on so ill stop.[/quote']

I always used to get P'd off at Drake's when the place emptied before the main band, not because they only came to see thier mates, but because they, more often than not, would miss something very special and dare I say it taste expanding. Kids will be kids though and not at the stage yet where thay may have bought a pint and will remain to the bitter end to finish it, regardless of the music! Flat pop is flat pop...

I always used to get P'd off at Drake's when the place emptied before the main band' date=' not because they only came to see thier mates, but because they, more often than not, would miss something very special and dare I say it taste expanding. Kids will be kids though and not at the stage yet where thay may have bought a pint and will remain to the bitter end to finish it, regardless of the music! Flat pop is flat pop...[/quote']

its not even leaving after the first band, i've seen this a few times that the underagers on the whole (of course there are many exceptions) spend most of the gig away from the stage or even outside the venue and dont actually see much of the music

holy jehovas breakfast!' date=' werent fuck off machete just marvelous? I was dancing like a freakboy on e. Anyway , aye, the 13 yr old thing was puzzling cos my weapons mind are utter shite. Where are these people for the rest of the aberdeen gigs? Machete were truely awesome, fiction/////////////////////action were ok, i liked the new songs much better than the old ones, although do the math is rocking.[/quote']

When you were 13 or whatever Im sure you never even thought about going to gigs.

Fuck Off Machete were on after last buses and all that so of course they are going to leave.

I'd prefer they came than not come at all...at least when they get older they will grow up and stay for other bands.

For band's such as Weapon and Stayover they aren't big because all their mates came, they are big because they are tight at what they do and very professional and that really comes through regardless of how good or how shit their band is.

It is annoying that these kids don't care for other bands but it's not something that is easily changeable.

The bands you mentioned aren't big. I can appreciate why and how MMW are getting where they are and doing what they do, and yes they are a very good band, not my flavour. Stayover I saw a little while back and I'm afraid that, imo, its music that will only appeal to the 20-30 kids I saw paying attention whilst the rest of the bar watched for two minutes then carried on a conversation... This is what I refer to when I fear bands are getting a greater sense of themselves than is justified. No offence to any band, and no I don't like or choose to listen to that style of music, but credit where credit is due everytime... I am not saying Stayover are shite either by the way...

I will also say that I to can be charged with the offence of walking into a pub and thinking that people will be looking at me for the band that I am in, this was many many many moons ago. I look back and both cringe and laugh at the ridiculousness of believing in being a local 'somebody'... Comes with the turf at times but 'DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE'.

I will also say that I to can be charged with the offence of walking into a pub and thinking that people will be looking at me for the band that I am in' date=' this was many many many moons ago. I look back and both cringe and laugh at the ridiculousness of believing in being a local 'somebody'... Comes with the turf at times but 'DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE'.[/quote']

Well, I DID think that when ever I saw you, because I didn't know your name or anything else about you, for a good while you were always "the guy from Atom Flask!". 8)