aberdeen-music

My Minds Weapon And Flood Of Red Added To Fuck Off Machete Line Up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is it with the tunnels and their random 'lets pick the bands out of a hat' line-ups. Or maybe it was a bit of a 'who can i get to support this gig? Ah fuck it i like the band so me and my mates from glasgow will do it'. Oh well at least flood of red are decent.

Uh..

The gig was booked by The Tunnels, not by me...

Secondly, I think it's fair to say that the addition of ourselves and Flood of Red will get in a fair few more punters, which can only be good for Fuck Off Machete. No?

Geez...

fair enough' date=' i had just come out of an exam and have another one at 3 so i'm jus pissed off and wanted to rant about something. Your right it will bring in a crowd. Aren't you playing rapturefest the next day...hectic.[/quote']

Um, that's kinda the point...

i'm guessing from your failed attempt to be smart that the point is to make life hectic? I don't see what this will achieve but' date=' you know...go for it, follow your dreams![/quote']

You are stupid. If you'd like, I'll give you lessons in how to not be stupid. The point, and this is just for your benefit seeing as everyone else in the world I'm sure has already got it cause they're smarter than you, is...

We asked to play on the bill, because we're playing the next night, as sort of a warm-up show, seeing as we know that 1. Rapturefest is going to be heavequest with people, so it'd be good to get a run out the night before as we haven't played in a coupla' months and 2. We loved playing The Tunnels in December, and as anyone in a band knows, it's always a lot better to warm-up for a bigger show in a venue you're comfortable with.

Is that better for you? Do you understand yet?

What a task..

i seem to understand the basic principles of international law, the relationship of the diffrent structures of the european community, the effect of state courts on international law and a whole heap of other bumf related to mind-numbing yet intrinsically complicated topics of law, yet your one sentence response stumped me. I do have to say though it must take heaps of brains to do what you do.

yet saying that you can't be overly brainy cos you still haven't seemed to work out how to get a record contract...um.

p.s why is it that the other members of your band are nice guys yet you've turned into an arrogant shit. Bring back the old Jamesy.

whats all the fuss about

whats all the fuss about.

basically the tunnels are now providing 5 bands for the same price as before , the only difference is it starts an hour early.

m.m.w and flood of red were added to the bill to give them a chance to play a warm up gig before there show the next night , but in my opinion they will both compliment the night.

HEN BEVERLY

THE TUNNELS

ENTS MANAGER

yet saying that you can't be overly brainy cos you still haven't seemed to work out how to get a record contract...um.

Although that's not a particularly nice thing to say, and I know was a dig at jamesy more than the band - maybe it IS being brainy, cos record contracts fuck you in the ass and then turn something you do from being fun (i.e playing/writing/recording music at your own free will), into something you have to do because you're legally obliged to.

P.S. I'm not saying necessarily that I would turn down a record contract :D

btw I have nothing against my minds weapon i would in fact love for them to make it and go as far as it is possible for them to go. But Jamesy's current attitude towards people who won't get him where he wants to go, which is basically to treat them like their inferior, pretty much sucks. And that's a shame because i used to really like the guy.

I hope they are planning on putting FOM on late cos we do want to actually play a few songs like. We're getting a bit fed up of 20 minute sets as we can only just fit in 4 songs at a push ... generally from the sound engineer who is looking at his/her watch by this point.

Am just listening to My Minds Weapon right now ... sounds pretty good but a complete polar opposite from FOM which should prove to be quite interesting.

btw I have nothing against my minds weapon i would in fact love for them to make it and go as far as it is possible for them to go. But Jamesy's current attitude towards people who won't get him where he wants to go' date=' which is basically to treat them like their inferior, pretty much sucks. And that's a shame because i used to really like the guy.[/quote']

I don't really understand that...All I did was reply to something you said in the manner that you took it on, that's all. I gave my reasons, which were clear, and you challenged them in a sarcastic, 'having a go' manner, because, as you said, you were in a bad mood and took it out on us.

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to attitude either, I wouldn't mind knowing who you are, and if there's any problem, or if I've done anything to upset you, then give me a shout and we can sort it out. PM would be cool.

Thanks.

Jamesy