aberdeen-music

Your most OTT production?

Hog

Now excuse me as Im no musician but Isn't 128 tracks a lot for an acoustic track? Maybe if you we're trying to make a big rock epic but an acoustic track? Will this work? It'll certainly be OTT.

Vocal layers 60

Keys (individual instruments 30)

Guitar 8

Im sure you get the idea pal:up:

Im working on an acoustic tune as an intro to the new Element EP at the moment. Its going to have 128 tracks including vox' date=' keys, guitars, drums etc

Im going all out to make it massive. Anyone else recorded epic/massive OTT songs?[/quote']

I never really go OTT like that, usually limit myself to having around 12 "live" channels max at any one time, and render stuff down if I go over that to stop the project becoming unmanageable. Doing it that way also forces me to take decisions and commit stuff with intention, instead of allowing me to tweak the tune to death by having everything live.

http://www.myspace.com/mymindsweapon

The end of "the forgotten" from about 3:23 in. Which has the obvious drums, bass and vocals - but also has synth and 9 layers of guitars;

2 main rhythm guitars panned hard right and left, playing power chords

2 guitars doubling the above, but a bit quieter.

1 main rhythm guitar, panned centrally, strumming the full chord progression

2 very quiet delayed lead guitars, one playing the synth part and the other playing a harmony (panned at about 9 and 3 'o clock)

2 very quiet delayed 'clean' guitars, playing different parts of the same chord (panned at about 9 and 3 'o clock)