aberdeen-music

Zildjian ZBT Cymbals

Davey_sc

My first set of cymbals were ZBT's ... cheap and cheerfull but I grew to hate them pretty quickly as they do sound a bit gash. The hi-hats were paper thin and the ride had really nasty overtones :(

As far as I'm aware, there are a few Z_T's and the basic ZBT is the entry level range. Have a look at ZXT's and stuff as well if these are not to be ur first cymbals. When I started out a few years ago it was only the ZBT's and the ZBT pro's and then u were up to A Zildjian's which was quite a price leap. I have since moved over to Sabian AAX's as they are cheaper (especially in Glasgow :D) and, in my opinion, sound better than their Zildjian counterparts (a sort of mix between A custom's and K custom's) so I can recommend giving Sabian a look into as well ... I think it would be the B8 and B8 pro series that are the ZBT and ZBT Pro equivalents. XS20's are cast cymbals (as opposed to sheet) but nice and cheap. From there it is up to the Pro Sonix.

Check out http://www.sabian.com to have a listen to them on line.

What be yonder opinions on these cymbals?

They're semi descent I suppose, Zildjian used to make a similar line called Scimitars before the ZBT which were very similar. They are made of Zinc, Copper and Tin, ( and Cast) but lack the Silver that goes into the more expensive Series, like your K's and K Customs,(lathed and hand hammered) hence the somewhat dull unexciting wash of noise, very short decay, and no decent primary tones. But it does say Zildjian on it, which makes it good to me!

You should check out the cymbals i'm selling in the Trading section of this forum, couple of A customs crashes, blah blah, for next to nothing, in fantastic condition. Sounds you wont be dissapointed with!