aberdeen-music

If you thought all Video Game Movies were shit....

Guest Logan

That game was so terrifying it was virtually unplayable.

Nah. That game was so boring, repetitive and so linear it was virtually unplayable. I don't want to play a game where you walk around in fog for fucking hours only to discover you went the wrong way.

And the movie will just be another one of those shite Resi Evil-type clones

unlike most other CG movie trailers, that didnt make me think 'oh god this is going to be terrible' (see: Bloodrayne and Doom)

Could be good, it's got a fairly solid storyline to back it up unlike alot of the movie versions we've had to endure, it may do well.

Nah. That game was so boring' date=' repetitive and so linear it was virtually unplayable. I don't want to play a game where you walk around in fog for fucking hours only to discover you went the wrong way.

And the movie will just be another one of those shite Resi Evil-type clones[/quote']

In the words of Roy Walker: RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGHHT!!!!!!!!!!

In a slightly related subject' date=' I can't stop thinking that Sawyer from Lost would make the PERFECT Solid Snake if and when they make a Metal Gear Solid film.

And not the MGS film they have apparently made for Japan only.[/quote']

do they really need to make a mgs film? there's so much boring and overlong cinematics in those games that they're more film than game anyway.

a skies of arcadia film could be pretty cool.

• 3 months later...

I went in to see it last night - It's fucking awesome.

Some folk have obviously made up their minds without seeing it, but I thought as a movie it was brilliant. Really gory - good slayings, really scary, antichrist undertones and Pyramid Heid scared the shit out of me. The story is really good and you have to pay attention to keep up. The lassie from Pitch Black is really good in it, as is the cop.

Oh, and it's not a video game, it's a film based on a game - If you've never played the game before it makes perfect sense - if you have played the game there will be bits you'll think "oh, there's such and such bit from the game."

A highly recommended film - but alas, "all films based on games are shit" according to many so they'll miss out on this great film.

Shame.

Pyramid Heid scared the shit out of me.

Yeah, he/it was damn scary in the game, really messed up.

Cheers for the info, I'm really glad that it seems to be decent. I'll have to check it out. I enjoyed most of the games, and playing them with the lights off was terrifying. They always seemed better at doing psychological horror compared to something like Resident Evil - Resi seemed to go more for basic shocks (like zombie dogs jumping through windows) but with Silent Hill it was genuine fear building. For me, anyway.