aberdeen-music

some questions about ABERDEEN city

sadam

Hello. My two friends and I have some questions to people from Aberdeen. We are planing to removal to Aberdeen at july (we are from Poland). What interesting about this city you can tell as? Is it good place to live in? How about the partys? 4 Every information I will be thankful ;-) (please (use)speak simple language:D)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, so Warsaw for me and all Silesia (mayby all of rest Poland?) is most unlike city in Poland. People from Warsaw are very mean, greedy, and conceited in my opinion. Mayby because it's most rich city in poland... I'm from Ruda Slaska, near Katowice. I can instruct you Cracow! It's beautyful, old City with many monuments.

Aberdeen is an oil and student town. The uni has a good reputation with many foreign students. Industry is based around the North Sea. I've found that Glasgow is better for clubs / nights out and Edinburgh is better for tourist sight-seeing. People from Aberdeen (Aberdonians) are seen as mean with money, but I have found people generally friendly.

Guest MerryChristmas

Aberdeen is full of unfriendly people who would fight over a 1p. If you want a nice place to live go up into moray or the highlands. Inverness has a huge polish community

Guest pop-notmyface
how about work? Is is there somthing to do for a person who don't knows language well? (like me). I'm ending a hotels highschool' date=' and I have some practice at working in hotels.[/quote']

yeah, working at hotels doesn't require a lot of language skills really, you just do what everyone else does, and if someone asks you anything, point to your nearest waiter/waitress ;)

other than that, aberdeen is pretty depressing. which is ironic because there is such a big club scene.

Aberdeen, is a lovely city, full of surprises & a long history (abdn univ medical faculty, the oldest in europe, over 500years old).

Aberdeen is a city full of drunk idiots on a friday & saturday nights from about 6pm.

Aberdonians are reserved & stand offish until you get to know them

We promote music events where touring artists from usa, canada, germany, scandinavia japan, england etc say that the local people who go to these events are the friendliest, warmest & nicest on the whole tour.

we are a city of contradictions

Scottish people are outward looking & enjoy a great reputation with people abroad.

You will be most welcome here.

I too would love to go to Poland especially to the south, which i am told is beautiful.....

:up:

WOW! thenk You all!!

Jake Spike: mayby you know bands Acid Drinkers or Behemoth to?

Sue Denim: you mean Szczecin :D It's fantastic city, with port. I wos there 2 - 3 times.

I hear that the Aberdonians are very hospitaliy, but I don't think that much I saw here :D

I hope that when you'll go to Poland, polish people will also be very friendly to you :)

(Sludge: I'm 20 yo man, so mayby next time :)))

hehe I know, Krzynowek is the best, but he has troubles now in Leverkusen. I'm a fan of Ruch Chorzow, but i often looking for the Scotland Premier League in TV. We have transmisions because some polish players play now in Scotland, like Zurawski and Boruc. What are you thinking about polish players in Scotland?

btw: Aberdeen draw today... :)

I'm thinking Zurawski and Boruc are decent, although I'm not a Celtic fan. Word of advice: never befriend someone who is.

I think Poland are gonna do alright at the World Cup, Ebi Smolarek and Marcin Zewlakow are quality. And Zewlakow might be coming to Celtic as well....aaaaghhh

btw: Do you work with Polish people? Do you knows any Poles? What are you thinking about as? I hear that in Edinburgh are over 25 000 Polish emigrants... I have contact with some Polish guys from Aberdeen but they aren't very friendly. It's a idiotic rule, that Polish peopels abroad never helps, and never be friendly to other Poles who wants goes to thier city, miserably but true :/

Hello. My two friends and I have some questions to people from Aberdeen. We are planing to removal to Aberdeen at july (we are from Poland). What interesting about this city you can tell as? Is it good place to live in? How about the partys? 4 Every information I will be thankful ;-) (please (use)speak simple language:D)

The streets are paved with gold here. You can make a fortune here really quickly, for example in fish processing industries or as a labourer on our many construction sites. You'll really enjoy our weather and experience the equally warm hospitality of our people.

The nice areas to look to live in where you'll find some Polish people are Torry, Ferriers, Sandilands, Bedford and Tillydrone.

Stick around, hope we can help more.