aberdeen-music

internet banking

Fluffy

i have always been alittle wary of online banking, but i decided to apply after watching the other half using it.

got it working tonight, and i have to say i am impressed. immediatly able to move money into my isa.

only bad thing was, with BoS you are unable to sign into the banking for the first time with firefox, but the lovley lady from the help line sorted that out for me.

this is going to save me alot of time queing in the bank!

i used RBOS one and it's excellent. i've used it for ages with no problems and it means i can check my balance anytime, anywhere which is particularly handy when i'm out of the country and nearing my overdraft limit because it takes a while to register when you've taken money out of machines over there. it's also great for ransferring money which is sometime necessary when purchases have been made from wacky and unsafe online companies :D

/x

I use Bank of Scotland and very useful it is too (although I haven't accessed it yet on my laptop which is Firefoxxed, and your comment has worried me...). But I'm switching to Lloyds TSB, anyone know whether their online service is any good?

edit. I just went and signed in FINE. Stop scaremongering!

edit2. Oh.. did you mean the first time you ever access your account? Well... that's different then.

edit3.

(\___/)

( ='-'=)

c(")_(")

i have always been alittle wary of online banking' date=' but i decided to apply after watching the other half using it.

got it working tonight, and i have to say i am impressed. immediatly able to move money into my isa.

only bad thing was, with BoS you are unable to sign into the banking for the first time with firefox, but the lovley lady from the help line sorted that out for me.

this is going to save me alot of time queing in the bank![/quote']

It's only the demos that need it.

Sophie : DON'T GO TO LLOYDS TSB..

i can't repeat how much they're annoying as fuck, they've started slapping on ridiculous charges for using your debit card abroad (£1 a time? fuck off) and they really don't have a clue when it comes to sorting you out, I have some sort of l33t account with them that gives me all these benefits...but they still won't upgrade me to a proper visa debit card unless i either open a student account or have money automatically transferred into my account every week...when i told them "i get paid in cash, can you not see how it gets paid in on the monday?", they told me "we don't know where the money's coming from"....i offered to show them payslips, only to get a "you could've printed them yourself" answer.

if you want to know more about how awful they are, just ask :p

i can't repeat how much they're annoying as fuck' date=' they've started slapping on ridiculous charges for using your debit card abroad (1 a time? fuck off) and they really don't have a clue when it comes to sorting you out, I have some sort of l33t account with them that gives me all these benefits...but they still won't upgrade me to a proper visa debit card unless i either open a student account or have money automatically transferred into my account every week...when i told them "i get paid in cash, can you not see how it gets paid in on the monday?", they told me "we don't know where the money's coming from"....i offered to show them payslips, only to get a "you could've printed them yourself" answer.

if you want to know more about how awful they are, just ask :p[/quote']

I'm with Lloyds TSB, I've never had any problems. But then again, I don't use a debit card abroad, a l33t haxx0r account or anything like that.

Just an Under 19s account for me.

i can't repeat how much they're annoying as fuck' date=' they've started slapping on ridiculous charges for using your debit card abroad (1 a time? fuck off) and they really don't have a clue when it comes to sorting you out, I have some sort of l33t account with them that gives me all these benefits...but they still won't upgrade me to a proper visa debit card unless i either open a student account or have money automatically transferred into my account every week...when i told them "i get paid in cash, can you not see how it gets paid in on the monday?", they told me "we don't know where the money's coming from"....i offered to show them payslips, only to get a "you could've printed them yourself" answer.

The reason I'm changing is because I'm going away to Prague in a couple of weeks and my dad's with Lloyds so if I needed any money in an emergency it'd go through faster. So I was thinking about just transferring all my money and closing the BoS one. I don't know if they charge for debit card payments abroad but they do charge for cash withdrawal abroad, and I'm pretty much resigned to that (I think the only place that doesn't charge for withdrawals is Nationwide). I'll just have to take out money less often but in larger amounts. Mmm.. muggers... maybe the best idea would be to use my BoS account for everything but open the TSB one and only use it if I need money in a crisis. ?(

I only have two problems with my internet banking (through HBOS).

1) I signed up for paperless banking. So my statements are supposed to be emailed to me. This doesn't happen. I still get a paper statement every month.

2) If I transfer money from my halifax current account to my halifax savings account it transfers instantly. If I transfer money to my halifax credit card it takes 4 days. Why? You slimy bastards! It's my money, going to my account in the same fucking bank! If they try and make me pay late charges again because of this I will tear out their throats with my hands...

Apart from that internet banking is ace.

I only have two problems with my internet banking (through HBOS).

1) I signed up for paperless banking. So my statements are supposed to be emailed to me. This doesn't happen. I still get a paper statement every month.

2) If I transfer money from my halifax current account to my halifax savings account it transfers instantly. If I transfer money to my halifax credit card it takes 4 days. Why? You slimy bastards! It's my money' date=' going to my account in the same fucking bank! If they try and make me pay late charges again because of this I will tear out their throats with my hands...

Apart from that internet banking is ace.[/quote']

1) check the settings

2) your card payments, while made to bank of scotland then have to get transfered to the card issuer, ie visa or mastercard, hence the delay.

I've got paper free but I still get the occasional statement in the mail....what they stop sending you is letters telling you you are overdrawn and leave these to your email. Which is fucking ace when you don't have access to the net for a while cos they are then able to give you all sorts of charges. And they usually lie anyway, as you'll see from above I am -7.41 or something in the red, but I have a e-letter from them telling me I am 39 in the red, and because I am over 30 in the red (which I'm not, as you can see from above) I will be charge interest on this every week. Which is great cos I don't get paid for a while.

Of course I wouldn't have this problem if these cunts would just give me a little bit of an overdraft, but despite earning just short of 1500 quid a month, i don't qualify. Cunts.

seconded - grade A cunts. they wudn't give me the 'new' student account as i was an existing customer. so i said if i quit with you and start a new account - can i get it then. they said yes!!!!,. so i moved to HSBC and they ROCK MY WORLD!

I've got paper free but I still get the occasional statement in the mail....what they stop sending you is letters telling you you are overdrawn and leave these to your email. Which is fucking ace when you don't have access to the net for a while cos they are then able to give you all sorts of charges. And they usually lie anyway' date=' as you'll see from above I am -7.41 or something in the red, but I have a e-letter from them telling me I am 39 in the red, and because I am over 30 in the red (which I'm not, as you can see from above) I will be charge interest on this every week. Which is great cos I don't get paid for a while.

Of course I wouldn't have this problem if these cunts would just give me a little bit of an overdraft, but despite earning just short of 1500 quid a month, i don't qualify. Cunts.[/quote']

move to the hsbc! they be nice!! :)