aberdeen-music

Film help, please help. Please!

RF Scott

Hi, could anyone tell me the title of a film with the following plot?

Its set on a ferry/cruise ship, and two couples meet. The couples consist of...

a newly engaged/married couple and

a french writer(?) who is in a wheelchair, and his wife.

As they get to know each other, the wheelchair-bound man and his wife start to involve the man from the other couple in their sexual exploits, as he cannot have sex with his wife. It all gets really confusing then the man in the wheelchair shoots his wife and then himself, in front of the other couple.

hhheeeeeeeelllllllp.

I NEED to to know what the name of this film is where there is this painter guy who is absolutely terrible, and he moves to france to try and make his trade and meets this american painter who is magic, but everyone likes the terrible guy's paintings and then eventually some art gallery comes to check out his paintings and thinks that the good guys ones are the famous ones and so the terrible guy pretends that he painted them. the main guy is british, small and sort of fat. it's really funny and i saw it on channel 4 months ago but never found out what it was

here's one to test you:

i saw half a film on channel 4 maybe 10 years ago... it was in norwegian and it was really claustrophobic and ace. but i couldn't watch the end, so i have no idea how it finished...

basically, there's a couple of deep sea divers welding beneath an oilrig in the north sea. but something happens (sadly i can't remember... a storm perhaps?) which results in the two of them having to take refuge in a divingbell type affair on the bottom of the north sea with the oxygen runnng out. simple, but devestatingly effective.

i need to know how it finished, but nobody ever seems to have seen it.

I NEED to to know what the name of this film is where there is this painter guy who is absolutely terrible' date=' and he moves to france to try and make his trade and meets this american painter who is magic, but everyone likes the terrible guy's paintings and then eventually some art gallery comes to check out his paintings and thinks that the good guys ones are the famous ones and so the terrible guy pretends that he painted them. the main guy is british, small and sort of fat. it's really funny and i saw it on channel 4 months ago but never found out what it was[/quote']

"The Rebel" with the great Tony Hancock.

here's one to test you:

i saw half a film on channel 4 maybe 10 years ago... it was in norwegian and it was really claustrophobic and ace. but i couldn't watch the end' date=' so i have no idea how it finished...

basically, there's a couple of deep sea divers welding beneath an oilrig in the north sea. but something happens (sadly i can't remember... a storm perhaps?) which results in the two of them having to take refuge in a divingbell type affair on the bottom of the north sea with the oxygen runnng out. simple, but devestatingly effective.

i need to know how it finished, but nobody ever seems to have seen it.[/quote']

They died from air defficency!

I need to know the name of this film:

About 5 years ago I seen it.

It starts off very old fashioned and is about a violin that goes through differant countries and is played by various famous people at random intervals from like the 14th century to modern day.. where Samuel L. buys it at an auction.. Absolutely brilliant film, just canna remember what is was called.

It starts off very old fashioned and is about a violin that goes through differant countries and is played by various famous people at random intervals from like the 14th century to modern day.. where Samuel L. buys it at an auction.. Absolutely brilliant film' date=' just canna remember what is was called.[/quote']

The Red Violin

Guest DustyDeviada

I doubt if anyone can heli identify this film as it's quite obscure, but here goes.

It starts of with this battle on a spaceship. The baddies come on, but the goodies hide the stuff they are looking for on two robots and send then out on an escape pod.

The baddies then follow the robots onto the planet where the pod landed, but the robots have met some other goodies, and they hire a spaceship to take them away and back to the other goodies again.

It was obviously low budget as the effects were crappy, and I suspect it may have been made by some offshoot of Hammer films as it had hammy British actors like Christopher Lee in it.

Does anybody have any idea what it is, and more importantly how it ended? I saw up to a part where they were trying to blow up a big space station but I fell asleep. This was on ITV at Christmas about 20 years ago, but as far as I know it's never been repeated or released on DVD, or if it was it must have been a very low key release as I never heard about it.

Any ideas?

here's one to test you:

i saw half a film on channel 4 maybe 10 years ago... it was in norwegian and it was really claustrophobic and ace. but i couldn't watch the end' date=' so i have no idea how it finished...

i need to know how it finished, but nobody ever seems to have seen it.[/quote']

its called Dykket, but its never been released on dvd.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097250/

Cheers

Stuart

Help

i was going to make a new thread, but this seems like a better place to ask.

it's a french film about a well in a little village, and that's all i know. i think someone's stealing the water from the well or something, i was half asleep when i watched it.

i do, however, remember boobs in it. if that helps...

any ideas?

Hmmmm..... there's one movie I've been searching for for years but I can't find it anywhere and I don't know the name of it...

It's about this small time Philidelphia boxer, who by chance gets a shot at the World Heavyweight championship, and all through the film he's training by punching dead pigs and running up stairs, and at the end he loses the fight. I think it's got that guy out of Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot! in it. But I'm not sure.

Jerard Depardieu was in it

i was going to make a new thread' date=' but this seems like a better place to ask.

it's a french film about a well in a little village, and that's all i know. i think someone's stealing the water from the well or something, i was half asleep when i watched it.

i do, however, remember boobs in it. if that helps...

any ideas?[/quote']

It is Manon de sources or something similar,there was a follow up film where Jerards daughter is grown up and comes back for revenge-both are cracking films in French with subtitles.

This one has haunted me for years: bank teller twigs he's about to be robbed so nicks the money himself and pins it on the robber who then persecutes him to hand over the money. It baffled me because it started out pretty good and exciting and lapsed into being a sort of kooky caper and then in the last twenty minutes gets very nasty indeed and includes the heroine being decapitated in a fish tank! I kid you not!

Anyway I've identified it at last: anyone else seen this oddity? It's called The Silent Partner??

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0078269/