aberdeen-music

Myspace whos on it??

saf-one

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this idea that you can be in a band who promote themselves, yet not be corporate sluts... so what if Murdoch owns myspace, I don't remember handing him over any money when I signed up. And why should he be any different to making money for a record company, they're in it for the money too...

This argument just gets to being "blah blah, my band is so punk rock we don't even play live blah blah..." "well, blah blah, my band is so punk rock it only exists in my head you corporate whore"

Guest five years

This argument just gets to being "blah blah' date=' my band is so punk rock we don't even play live blah blah..." "well, blah blah, my band is so punk rock it only exists in my head you corporate whore"[/quote']

best post ever... :D

I love this idea that you can be in a band who promote themselves' date=' yet not be corporate sluts... so what if Murdoch owns myspace, I don't remember handing him over any money when I signed up. And why should he be any different to making money for a record company, they're in it for the money too...

This argument just gets to being "blah blah, my band is so punk rock we don't even play live blah blah..." "well, blah blah, my band is so punk rock it only exists in my head you corporate whore"[/quote']

*APPLAUSE*

Too many fucking twats around here that think like that.

*APPLAUSE*

Too many fucking twats around here that think like that.

Courtney Love (in possibly her only sane moment ever) once said "the punk rock dream is over, the labels won. If you don't sell out, some other shittier band will..." Which I happen to agree with, might aswell use every tool you can to get heard (sensibly now, there is no point letting a song be used for a Nescafe advert or something)...

to be honest' date=' most of the people/bands on myspace couldn't give a shit about morals/rupert murdoch owning myspace, you've seen what they look like..

for the bands, it's a powerful promotion tool, the likes of which are ALWAYS owned by some greedy business-type, it's nothing new.[/quote']

What a load of shit. As though you are moral-less for 'succumbing' to myspace? I'm sure abseolutely no-one cares.

greedy business-type

If I was a rich greedy yet ultimately successful man-of-business I would probably chop your spine off.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i've NEVER met/heard anyone preaching about "how their music doesn't feed the corporate giants" in relation to myspace. the only person off-hand i can think of is jake and spikepile driver' date=' and as far as i know, they don't have a myspace, good on them :)[/quote']

Oh, what's this? Ah well, since I've been mentioned.............

This Myspace thing is all new to me, and after reading this thread, needless to say we won't be touching it with a bargepole. It's bad enough Murdoch owning it, and to me, it looks like a substitute for the work involved. Lots of bands these days just slap an MP3 or two on their webpage, and, well, that's about it. Release things? Why bother?

And Cloud, the corporate giants aren't exactly going to find much round here to feed on. I agree with your sentiments, though. I've nothing against the web mind, hell, I'm posting on it.

Guest five years
to be honest' date=' most of the people/bands on myspace couldn't give a shit about morals/rupert murdoch owning myspace, you've seen what they look like..

for the bands, it's a powerful promotion tool, the likes of which are ALWAYS owned by some greedy business-type, it's nothing new.[/quote']

What a load of shit. As though you are moral-less for 'succumbing' to myspace? I'm sure abseolutely no-one cares.

you WHAT? i think we're saying the same thing here...? that it really doesn't matter who owns/runs/has interest in myspace? and that morals have nothing to do with using it..?

go do me a favour and word what you said better... :)

greedy business-type
If I was a rich greedy yet ultimately successful man-of-business I would probably chop your spine off.

but you're not. ;)