aberdeen-music

Spike Pile Driver, Dear John, Weeping Jesus + TBC

FezMonkey

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what other band is filling in then?

Who is djing? Every time i go to the tunnels its KERANG best of or some shite' date='

A wee bit of Discordance Axis, Pig Destoryer, Cryptopsy would be nice.[/quote']

Dear John are being replaced by the awesome Strobing Goat.

I used to use a dj for the nights, but it's another person to pay and takes money away from the bands. If you guys have anything in particular you'd like to be played on the night, feel free to bring down CDs

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Dear John are being replaced by the awesome Strobing Goat.

I used to use a dj for the nights' date=' but it's another person to pay and takes money away from the bands. If you guys have anything in particular you'd like to be played on the night, feel free to bring down CDs

:up:[/quote']

Nice one, Strobing Goat are a good band.

Might take some noisy shit down if I can carry it, depends how much SPD stuff I can take to punt around. Let me tease the cash from your bulging wallets.

ahh i like this gig alot now' date=' well i will take down some tastie treats music wise if they will be played, coz last time i was told i couldnt.[/quote']

I get to choose what gets played on my nights, but most of the time I'm a numpty and forget to bring CDs so I have to resort to what the Tunnels has (like the aformentioned Kerrang compilations...*shudder*)

So if you bring stuff I'll make sure it get's played (unless it's Christina Aguilera or somesuch comedy drivel)

Rebecca

-x-

PS. Have announced on a seperate thread that the first person to bring me a fez will receive free entry to FezMonkey nights forever, as the one at the Tunnels has been taken away!!

I acheived one of my New Year's resolutions tonight - to play side one of Disgrace To The Corpse Of Sid......... :D

Strobing Goat - This band are great, despite being a technological timebomb waiting to go off. Do they have any recordings? I want one.

Weeping Jesus - A pleasant surprise. 10 months ago I found this band to be unwatchable, now they are a very competent outfit, even if the music isn't always my cup of Bovril. Reminded me very much of Phobia in parts, and the Corrupted-esque ending is something that should be expanded on. The drummer is very good, but could really do with two new crash cymbals.....

SPD - Thought we played alright, though I'll wait until watching the video highlights.

Funny how it was badly attended, yet I enjoyed it more than usual........