aberdeen-music

wrong

get lost

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that video made me feel ill, fucking sick bastards:swearing:

also, i am a vegetarian, and think cruelty to animals is fucking horrendous, what would people be saying if it was a video of a human being skinned alive?

I just wish that Vegetarians would stop saying eating meat is cruel. For god's sake. If you buy Asda's own brand, super cheap grade D chicken, then yes, it's cruel. Those poor things have been stuck in terrible conditions and are mostly deformed as a result. You fork out for organic, free range chicken and it's not cruel, it's natural and morally sound.

Humans are omnivores, we have molars as well as incisors. It's perfectly damned natural to eat meat. In fact it's unnatural not to. Vegans and Vegetarians piss me off with their preaching. For me it's on a par with religion. You can do what you want, i just don't want to hear about it.

Animals are animals, it's appalling what some are subjected to, in an ideal world there would be no testing on animals or people. But new medicine and such needs to be developed somehow and I'd imagine there'd be a good few of us who wouldn't be here if it wasn't for animal testing.

So I say yes to animal testing in moderation and only for medical reasons. Cosmetic testing on animals is obscene, made more so by the utter pointlessness of it all.

I just wish that Vegetarians would stop saying eating meat is cruel. For god's sake. If you buy Asda's own brand' date=' super cheap grade D chicken, then yes, it's cruel. Those poor things have been stuck in terrible conditions and are mostly deformed as a result. You fork out for organic, free range chicken and it's not cruel, it's natural and morally sound.

Humans are omnivores, we have molars as well as incisors. It's perfectly damned natural to eat meat. In fact it's unnatural not to. Vegans and Vegetarians piss me off with their preaching. For me it's on a par with religion. You can do what you want, i just don't want to hear about it.

Animals are animals, it's appalling what some are subjected to, in an ideal world there would be no testing on animals or people. But new medicine and such needs to be developed somehow and I'd imagine there'd be a good few of us who wouldn't be here if it wasn't for animal testing.

So I say yes to animal testing in moderation and only for medical reasons. Cosmetic testing on animals is obscene, made more so by the utter pointlessness of it all.[/quote']

give that man a scene point ...

*ducks*...(not the quack quack type...)

Let's not get into a philosphocial debate about why we're here. Next time you get an infection of some kind you see how you feel without the appropriate drugs. You'd be surprised what can kill you without the proper medication, you only need to look at countries in the 3rd world to see that.

What kind of reply is that? Honestly :p

I just wish that Vegetarians would stop saying eating meat is cruel. For god's sake. If you buy Asda's own brand' date=' super cheap grade D chicken, then yes, it's cruel. Those poor things have been stuck in terrible conditions and are mostly deformed as a result. You fork out for organic, free range chicken and it's not cruel, it's natural and morally sound.[/quote']I could go out and kill you.

I could then stick it in a celephance container.

I could then slap a sticker on it saying "organic free range beef".

Alot of people would be none the wiser after chowing down on sizzlingsteakperson.

My point is, its very very fucking easy to slap a free range/organic/loved-by-its-mother-and-family-before-being-slaughtered sticker on anything and probably get away with it.

How do you know what you're getting is....what you're being told you're getting? Did you watch the process of it gorwing up?

So, the safe option.....don't fucking eat any of it.

Why do we need to "be here"?

We don't neccessarily need to be here but we make the choice to try and preserve our life for as long as we can. I am not a fan of animal cruelty but at the same time we are at the top of the food chain and that is how nature is. How can you determine what you can morally eat. Plants are living organisms too but does that mean we can't eat them either. Of course not. It's really down to speciesism but that's a whole different debate.

Anyway top marks for the post Singingstarfish.

give that man a scene point ...

*ducks*...(not the quack quack type...)

Bollocks...biggest load of contradictory, double standard, ill informed, shite logic I've read in a long time....

The thread wasn't even about vegeterianism...meat eaters have such a guilty concious it would appear....

Don't worry starfish...take comfort that you're doing nothing wrong and its those fucking poor bastards who can only afford d-grade chicken or whatever that are the scum of the earth...

I do' date=' care about how it is treated, smoked, salted etc... :up: as long as its tasty[/quote']

amen brother...

can't wait until the summer when it's BBQ season again. My mum makes an awesome BBQ sauce... i'm sure the secret ingredient is Tennants!!!..

Just ordered me George Foreman grill after hearing rave reviews. Looking forward to a tasty bacon sarny when it arrives. Damn those pigs are tasty.

Bollocks...biggest load of contradictory' date=' double standard, ill informed, shite logic I've read in a long time....

The thread wasn't even about vegeterianism...meat eaters have such a guilty concious it would appear....

Don't worry starfish...take comfort that you're doing nothing wrong and its those fucking poor bastards who can only afford d-grade chicken or whatever that are the scum of the earth...[/quote']

*Switches off sense of humour button*...

ahh... and breathe.

hugh fernley whittingstall, ask him about good animal husbandry...

did anyone see morrisey's comments about the one fat (living) lady, and Jamie Oliver ?

he was advocating and condoning violence towards them! (because of their stance on "eating animals"...

fuck me, I know Mozzaz a fruit loop, but he overstepped the mark that time, eh.

"the ALF are great" (aye, so great they release minks into a stream, and dessimate the local wildfowl population).

'Bollocks...biggest load of contradictory, double standard, ill informed, shite logic I've read in a long time....'

Explain please? I'm not saying I'm a saint, but in my opinion if you want to make sure what you're eating is fairly cruelty free then you do what you can. I don't want to live my life eating just veg, pasta and tofu stuff so I eat meat. That's up to me.

Sigh, seems you can't have a decent debate anywhere without it getting personal.

'Bollocks...biggest load of contradictory' date=' double standard, ill informed, shite logic I've read in a long time....'

Explain please? I'm not saying I'm a saint, but in my opinion if you want to make sure what you're eating is fairly cruelty free then you do what you can. I don't want to live my life eating just veg, pasta and tofu stuff so I eat meat. That's up to me.

Sigh, seems you can't have a decent debate anywhere without it getting personal.[/quote']

Erm...see the bit Sue Denim has quoted for a prime example of your double standards....

And I'm not here for a debate...just here to find out about the local music scene :finger: