aberdeen-music

wrong

get lost

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do eat meat, and as a student cannot afford to buy expensive free range organic stuff. I also buy food for my house in a kitty along with 4 other people who are all meat eaters, however I am starting to think strongly about trying to cut donw the amount of meat I consume.

However there are still some occasions that I will eat meat. My mum keeps chickens and when at home we will quite often eat a chicken, this will have been hatched in my mums incubator and reared in our garden, %100 free range. Then killed buy my mum and prepaired by her. I have no problems with this at all. People have been keeping livestock to eat themselfs for a long time and I feel it is natural.

At home we also eat venison, bought from the local game keeper and shot by him. Once again I have no problems with this, the animals have lived their lives in the wild and due to the over population of dear in the highlands their numbers need to be controlled.

I also have less of a problem with fish, unless farmed.

Originally Posted by Keilan 303

Theres none of them here...just militant meat eaters. Then again' date=' you don't exactly have to justify not eating meat.[/quote']

I'll justify eating it : Evolution.

We didn't get to the top by eating lettuce, and we're not going to stay here by eating lettuce.

Blame mother nature - she made animals so tasty.

I'll justify eating it : Evolution.

We didn't get to the top by eating lettuce' date=' and we're not going to stay here by eating lettuce.

Blame mother nature - she made animals so tasty.[/quote']I'd like to see you personally stand face to face witha bull and say "lie down mother fucker....I'm top of the food chain".

Guest MerryChristmas
I'd like to see you personally stand face to face witha bull and say "lie down mother fucker....I'm top of the food chain".

But bulls are vegitarian so it wouldnt eat you

I'd like to see you personally stand face to face witha bull and say "lie down mother fucker....I'm top of the food chain".

But if it wasn't for us being top of the food chain, bulls would still be about three feet high, hairy, and living halfway up fucking mountains. The very reason that most modern food animals exist in the forms they do today is because of thousands of years of selective breeding to produce dedicated food species.

But if it wasn't for us being top of the food chain' date=' bulls would still be about three feet high, hairy, and living halfway up fucking mountains. The very reason that most modern food animals exist in the forms they do today is because of thousands of years of selective breeding to produce dedicated food species.[/quote']

... for us to kill and eat like nature intended.

ca't wait for my mean green grilling machine to arrive to make a tasty bacon sarny!!

Sausages and bacon aren't natural....when was the last time you saw a bacon at the petting zoo

the last time some one waded in with a fucking sharp thing, and sliced off a quarter of it's ass. (our pesky ancestors, what were they thinking? surely they should have been herding neeps and tatties, instead of hunting bison etc...(stupid cavemen!)

are there not some places in this earth, that don't kill their animals, but shave off slivers of meat every now and again? ... or am I making that up?

are there not some places in this earth' date=' that don't kill their animals, but shave off slivers of meat every now and again?[/quote']

hahahahahaha, what the hell kind of hilarious farming strategy is this?

Anyway, surely killing a whole cow in a short while is less distressing to the cow than hacking slabs of meat from it, and leaving big wounds.

hahahahahaha' date=' what the hell kind of hilarious farming strategy is this?

Anyway, surely killing a whole cow in a short while is less distressing to the cow than hacking slabs of meat from it, and leaving big wounds.[/quote']

I've been trying to find out more abou tthis..but can't (I'll keep looking)...

I am sure it was a tv programme, about africa, where they couldn't aford to kill the cow, as it supplied milk and dung (fetiliser), and they'd shave bits of its fatty areas (or "the bulkiest / non vital (!) parts) off (small thin slices), and treated the "wound" till it healed...

I couldn't dream something this wierd...

no' date=' but then i'll be damned if i grow my own crops. put it this way, if farmers weren't out slaughtering cows i sure as fuck would be. a little savage bloodletting won't get between me and my burger.[/quote']

and i'd be right beside you sharpening your knife. and also trying cowtipping - hehehehe

how many veggies (who live in flats in aberdeen) grow their own cucumbers or lettuces. None - you're all happy to munch the stuff sainsbury's have had shipped in. Therfore I, as a meat eater am more than happy to purchase my burgers, bacon and sausages from the butchery aisles.