aberdeen-music

fancy a review of your stuff?

Guest Mr Blastcap

Guest Mr Blastcap

morning,

i have re started my fanzine music review thingy from a few years ago "insect rock" (i have no idea why that name came about) and have run out of interesting stuff to ramble on about in a gonzo style, i'll pretty much cover anything thats neat- so far i've twatted on about the new project ven hell cd, staccato set, eric euan and the like- its allways good to have a bit of wild text to add to your website and all that.

the site is here- http://livingtonerecordings.bravehost.com/isect%20rock.htm

or if that dont work try the main page,http://livingtonerecordings.bravehost.com/

i'm particularly interested in blagging copies of the new radio lucifer cd and deadloss's new one to add a bit of "rock".(would nae mind a MMW cd either)

i'm adding some more soonish, ian simpson's new one, alan cynics cd that i got and an old werewolf/ghoul detail split and with any luck the new Nackt Insecten cd.

later.

Guest Mr Blastcap
I like this song a lot. Very Captain Beefheart imo8)

thats exactly what i thought.! very fucked up sounding. totally flummoxed me, not what i thought the data thieves were at all. its good for doing the hoovering too as well. just wish i could figure out who the scottish william burroughs voice is.

Guest Neubeatz
Stripey

Sorry I made a mistake there when I said this is a good song, its actually an awesome song.

tickle

They are fantastic!!

milner

yup thats funky as fuck.

Stray Cat

I like this song a lot. Very Captain Beefheart imo

Mr Blastcap

thats exactly what i thought.! very fucked up sounding. totally flummoxed me, not what i

thought the data thieves were at all. its good for doing the hoovering too as well.

just wish i could figure out who the scottish william burroughs voice is.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone in the thread, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the reaction, :)

Anyway, this is meant to be Mr Blastcaps' thread, :) so I must apologise for the post hijacking...oops....sorry David....:O

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Mr Blastcap

in a new yawk minute ooooweeeeoooooooooooooo

recently i have recieved a lot of pish metal stuff which i cant seem to listen to, somebody send me something good. I would review the new spike pile driver cd but the fucking things in Cove. did i mention my oven blew up, 'kin hell.

Why is it that every fucking band from this city seems to have the word "rock" firmly placed somewhere in their description of themselves, or unmentioned but disguised in the form of some retarded invented subgenre? Even those that call themselves different or alternative, when they are nothing of the sort, not even close.

Guest Mr Blastcap
Why is it that every fucking band from this city seems to have the word "rock" firmly placed somewhere in their description of themselves' date=' or unmentioned but disguised in the form of some retarded invented subgenre? Even those that call themselves different or alternative, when they are nothing of the sort, not even close.[/quote']

I have no idea, a lot of buildings in Aberdeen are made of granite- that might explain a lot.

anyway dude- "you rock"

Why is it that every fucking band from this city seems to have the word "rock" firmly placed somewhere in their description of themselves' date=' or unmentioned but disguised in the form of some retarded invented subgenre? Even those that call themselves different or alternative, when they are nothing of the sort, not even close.[/quote']

blah blah blah blah blah blah o_O

review away...

i don't know what we are, so i won't upset anyone by trying to put a name on it, but we ain't metal and we don't use the word rock on our page so this might be something you are interested in Stripey

www.myspace.com/thegenics

and yes we'd love to be reviewed!!!!