aberdeen-music

Glam Metal

Mick Maverik

Ok this is a massive shot in the dark, but here goes anyway!

I'm a Guitarist lookin to put together a Glam Metal band in Aberdeen. At the moment it'd just be for fun (but that could change). I'm looking for people into the likes of: L.A. Guns, Motley Crue, Crashdiet, Hanoi Rocks, Poison, Ratt.....etc etc.

But I'll have to warn anyone potentially interested (if any haha): I do want the band to Glam it up for the stage (see image for reference) crashdiet.jpg

We'll be playin covers, and originals as they come. I play mainly rhythm Guitar with a little lead, but I promise ya I can write crunchin Glam Metal riffs with the best of them! :up:

To get an idea of the sort of sound I'm going for (not exactly though) check out my other band Peep Show (based in Edinburgh): http://www.myspace.com/peepshowroxx

If interested, just reply here or PM, Cheers

Andy xx

haha I'll remain interested aslong as we're still playing that Spandex layered REAL heavy metal. None of that "Metalcore" crap thats popular in town at the moment...

haha does this mean I may have to perm my hair? Shockin! haha

We're definately talkin the real deal here dude! No mediocore Foo Fighters pish or nerds tryin to pretend they're hard metal-core pish here! :p

Andy xx

this sounds sweet! hope you guys find a singer. the cunts were ten a penny on the strip back in the mid-late 80s but they all seem to have died!

spoons

/x

ah the strip. i love the strip. i'm serious about singing though. if the donnas can cover too fast for love and strutter, aberdeen can have a mel fronted glam rock band. plus i have six inch red glitter platforms. what more do you need?

I'd be tempted to go for the bass playing position' date=' but I dunno if I'd have the time/ability to do it right. And being in a band with my ex-girlfriend might pose oproblems...[/quote']

You're welcome to try out dude! I don't need someone who's gonna be the next Nikki Sixx, just someone with attitude and who can hold down a rhythm.

Andy

Well fuck me! I'm shocked to say the least! So far I have:

2 Guitarists / 2 Bassists / 2 Singers / 1 Drummer / 1 Back-Up singer interested!

Ok! This could be a lot of fun! Right, well I think I'll need to get a couple of jams on the go with everyone interested! I think Aberdeen needs this so very badly! I want to give the scene a good kick up the ass!

Andy