aberdeen-music

Nothing I am meant to be sample

Rasputin

Lunar have asked me to take off the great escape...basically because they dont think the recording is very good, nor do they think it is there best song. Doh I knew I should have asked them first before I put it up for them.

Anyway instead they have asked me to put up a sample of one of the songs they did with Steve levine when they won this demo to limo thingy. Unfortunatly because the BBC own the recording, it can only be a sample at this stage, waiting to find out what happens etc when it is put to them.

Here's the link again: -

http://www.purevolume.com/lunaruk

Oh note to Stripey, I know you wont like this so dont bother filling this thread with more....they are totally crap, this is rubbish, pointless shit etc etc.

Enjoy.

Pretty much the same as I have said before, but to be honest the other song (although I didn't like at all) was a lot less bland and dull as this one. Really doesn't do anything for me. I am referring to the song, not the musicianship of Lunar, and you have asked to pass comment on the song.

So in other words, its plain shite, in my ever so humble opinion :sleeping:

is that why they are posting on UGS etc with a "any good support slots in dundee on a tuesday" type thing going?

Amusing when bands do that, isn't it?

Do these bands not realise that anyone with their finger on things is likely to check a few forums out and see them for what they're worth?

Mind you, nothing annoys me more than seeing "showcase gig" associated with some local lineup on a freezing cold winter night somewhere in darkest scotland :|

You have to also remeber that the competition was judged by Entertainment Lawyer Lesley Peterson, PRS Executive and A&R Andy Ellis, Radio 2 Representatives and Musicians Union Representative Dave Acasi as well as Steve Levine. You could argue that the fact that at least these guys have now heard of the band...that this goes towards announcing themselves on the national stage, they are some pretty influential guys.

BTW the link (if you dont believe me about this competition) is here which explains what it was about etc: - http://members.tripod.com/higgs_connection/

note however the idiots put the wrong link in...it goes to some random band based in london with the same name! Tubes

they could do with being reasonable and not telling lies

how are they lieing tho?

they have had national air play, and they hope to move onto bigger and better things, thats what they are saying, no more, they do not claim to be amazing or anything just that they are a band trying to do something.

As i say would you prefer if they had put down that they are a small local band who got lucky and are now hoping they can maybe play gigs out of their own city?

Doesnt sound very appealing if your someone who takes an interest in the band does it.

Anyway they are not the only band who speak themselves up in their bio's and im damm sure they wont be the last, leave the kids to it maxi.

well what the fuck are they suppose to put up?

"local band who no one knows and very little have seen to play a small shitty gig with their friends in a local bar...."

Some people would be proud of that statement... :D

imo though, i don't see the point in putting music online unless you know exactly what it's intended to do, a bad sample could lose you a lot..

Anyway they are not the only band who speak themselves up in their bio's and im damm sure they wont be the last' date=' leave the kids to it maxi.[/quote']

"kids"...

There's nothing wrong with talking yourselves up obviously, that's expected. But it's a fine line between good hype and sounding pretentious. "Announcing yourselves on the national stage" is setting yourselves up for a fall, really.

Guest Neubeatz

Ras, I'd like to apologise on behalf of the other users who arent showering you with abuse for trying to promote,:up:

Kiss a few scene arses and all will be cool for you, honest :)

"kids"...

There's nothing wrong with talking yourselves up obviously' date=' that's expected. But it's a fine line between good hype and sounding pretentious. "Announcing yourselves on the national stage" is setting yourselves up for a fall, really.[/quote']

please explain why tho.

As i said they have had national air play, they didnt make that up, they have had interest from what seems to be some important people, again thats not a lie. Yes ok maybe they are not quite there yet but still what is the harm?

I bet the only people who have a problem with it are the folk on here as usual.

(p.s im not digging at you frosty just using your post as a quote)

• 2 weeks later...