aberdeen-music

Darts

lollerskates

I noticed that too, wil be interesting to see how he fares!

You lot need to get a finger out! Who are you playing?

I purchased a dartboard and stand today and my new set of Jocky Wilsons came through the post yesterday, so I'm all set for world domination. The plan is to become a total machine, move home, open my own pub and then play all the spots on the team and dominate the LDDL with an undefeated season and then retire.

I'd be surprised if LW made it, though I guess if Richie Burnett can come back from mid 90's obscurity there's no reason why he couldn't. I reckon Winstanley will have no problem getting through that lot.

We're at the Croon men - papped them out of the knockout cup 6-3 going on 8-1 last month, but I can't see them playing as badly as that again, and we'll probably be without out best player the morn! It's tough at the bottom....

Is there relegation potential, or just finishing bottom embarrasment? Have you not made a move for anyone in the transfer window?

Richie Burnett always reminds me of being about 15 and watching the BDO Worlds with Jai Biggie. He used to do a dynamite impression of the caller: "yeeeeeeess, game shot and the third leg, Richie Burnett!"

Was out for a throw last night with my new darts. Taking some getting used to.

legs: 6

best: 31 darts

worst: 115 darts

average: 69

Practiced a routine I got from a darts forum called the round table routine where you get three darts at each number, 3 points for a treble, 2 for a double and 1 for a single (max 180) - I got 12 and then 18.

Am going to start practicing 301 DIDO, rather than 501, to get more doubles practice and still get some work on my scoring. Should also cut the games length down.

We managed to nick it tonight, 5-4. Won my singles game despite missing quite a few darts at D9 (won't be intentionally leaving 36 again, no no no...). With the Croon Lassies in our league there's not usually any danger of finishing bottom, they haven't won a game for about 2 years! There's a decent scrap brewing between us, the Western, Croon men and the Redhall to avoid second bottom, and we visit Pete's palace next Thursday.

Good luck on Saturday! :rockon:

So I bought a board and stand for my flat which was delivered last weekend and I got to work on it straight away. I've been putting in at least an hour, normally two every night since last Friday and my game is slowly starting to show signs of improvement. Rather than playing full legs like I was doing before, I've been working on practice routines that I've picked up from various places to improve my scoring, hitting round the board and expecially doubles. I'm going to get a few legs in this weekend and see what my development has been like after 39 days as a darts player!

Just hit a 15-darter whilst preparing for tonight (ton, ton-40, ton, 97, 16, 8, D20). This may not be a good thing, because a good practise session is normally followed by a stinker in the real game!

*crosses fingers*

Do you take a break inbetween throws to mimic the time taken for an opponent to throw in a match?

Do you take a break inbetween throws to mimic the time taken for an opponent to throw in a match?

Yeah. Although I always assume that my opponent is a relatively quick player, I'd spar against slower throwers if I knew any!

Spoons - Redhall papped us 6-3 last night. I just played in the pairs, and buggered up on the finishing again. D'oh!

Played a fair bit over the weekend. 24 legs on Saturday - 31 best, 69 worst, average 51. New spears tho and have changed my grip and throw so am getting back to basics. Finishing is hit and miss. Will nail a finish in a couple of darts one leg and then hos 30 darts on D1 the next time. Much move work to be done!

Please tell me someone else on here was watching that last night? Two ok games and two absolute belters. Whitlock/Barney ended 7-7 but the night finished with a bang on the Lewis/Taylor game. Lewis came out flying and got off to a seemingly insurmountable 5-0 lead (it's best of 14). He didn't miss a finish. They traded the next 2 to make it 6-1 and then The Power turned up the heat and won 5 on the bounce, bringing it back to 6-6, with both players holding the throw to finish at 7-7. Taylor's average was 112. Up there with the best matches I've ever seen.

The game must have had an impact on me too, cos I threw 15 legs, averaging 36 darts (normally avg about 50) including a 23 darter which is a new PB!

• 2 weeks later...

Big night tonight from the Odyssey in Belfast with Barney vs. Taylor. Both throwing great darts at the moment so should be well worth a watch!

Still working away at least an hour a night on my spears. Haev had another 23 dart leg adn in general I seem to be averaging between the high 30s and low 40s of darts per leg, so just need to keep sharpening up the scoring and the doubles and pushing that down.

The end of year target of averaging 25 darts per leg is definitely feeling achieveable tho.

It was immense - two powerhouses just going after it. Barney played well and continues to show glimpses of the old magic but Taylor was a different level. They both played with massive smiles and you could see that they were loving the competition. Barney was even gee-ing up the crowd when Taylor was on for a 9-darter, but he unfortunately made a total balloon of it! Excellent entertainment all round!

No huge matches standing out this week, but still a good card:

Wade v Painter - Wade looks like he doesn't want to be there and Painter's been a real surprise so I suspect he'll take this

Barney v Hamilton - Both are seeing some good form so this should be a good match

Whitlock v Taylor - The Wizard('s sleeve) has been poor so far, so The Power should bring the noise here

Anderson v Lewis - This could be a close one if Anderson keeps growing in confidence and form like he did last week

• 2 weeks later...

So after last week went off with Anderson giving an 8-1 spanking to the World Champ, it's off to the Brighton Centre where he gets to take on The Power. Should be spicy!

Kevin Painter v Andy Hamilton

Phil Taylor v Gary Anderson

James Wade v Raymond van Barneveld

Simon Whitlock v Adrian Lewis

Bit of an anticlimax last night, Anderson was rubbish so Taylor never got out of first gear, but Whitlock and Wade both threw some top notch spears. Moves on to Glasgow next week. Would LOVE to be there! Lineup is as follows:

James Wade v Adrian Lewis

Gary Anderson v Simon Whitlock

Phil Taylor v Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld v Kevin Painter

James Wade 8 - 5 Adrian Lewis

Gary Anderson 6 - 8 Simon Whitlock

Phil Taylor 8 - 3 Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld 8 - 5 Kevin Painter

Some great darts from Wade, meaning that after 6 weeks, the World Champion still hasn't won a match! He also went out in the first round at the players championship in Reading at the weekend. Pretty horrid slump in form since December. Anderson never got going, despite the crowd support and Whitlock scraped by with poor finishing. Taylor was clinical and despite not looking like he was doing a whole lot, hit a 106 average! Match of the night was the last one - the crown love Barney and despite Painter's best efforts, he came out on top.

My text summary of the games went 'sex pest won again, ando bottled again, wade and barney the other two'. Short, sweet and to the point (nae pun intended).

Final night 6-3 win over the Redhall last night means we finish above the Western, even though they tanked us 8-1 last week! Pleasing. Consolation cup still to play for too....