aberdeen-music

Most Underated Band Of All Time??

lynettejc

phils indie inclinations...

Thats VERY true BUT i also think that he is a WAYYY better songwriter than Noel Gallgher and is a tad more varied. When he is more rocking and aggressive he is way more and same with mellower. I always thought Hurricane # 1 were awesome as well...Both albums.

I agree, which is why it's such a crime that he's playing bass for Oasis, he's a far better guitarist and song writer, just wtf!?

Andy Bell is one of those people that are just ace, along with Rick Witter and Richard Ashcroft circa 1995! :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fact, he is ace!

Check this out! It's an acoustic gig that Andy Bell and Mark Gardener did in 2003 in Stockholm. They both did solo sets and then did a joint set. Two nights. Absolutely amazing. Scroll down to Stockholm.

http://www.ticket2ride.it/mgmicro/goodies.htm

As for Gardener's debut, it's really cool. A couple of real stand-out tracks.

Yeah, it's a great record, hence my avatar! Haha! Funnily enough, I actually went round to a mate's the other night and looked through his vinyls. He's got all the early Ride stuff on LP, including the EPs. Best of all is a signed vinyl of GBA, signed by each member of the band at HMV or something, prior to the gig at the Captiol!

Awesome. I have a signed vinyl of that too. I bought it from the cavern. I have the 2Leave them all behind" and "Twistarella" singles on 12" too. The singles from Carnival on cd single and the black nite crash cd single too. I also have the eps released before nowhere on 12" like with all the flowers, i forget what theyre called. One is called "Play" i think. I havent actually bought OX4 the best of. Suppose i should huh? Man I need to get Marks solo album. Im well chuffed he has put Magdalen sky on the album, its a great track.

Guest bluesxman

I got a copy of the 12" of "Leave Them All Behind" in the old One Up in Diamond Street second hand that is signed. No idea if it's genuine or no....think I still have the 12"'s of the Chelsea Girl and Like A Daydream EP's kicking about somewhere too.

I got a copy of the 12" of "Leave Them All Behind" in the old One Up in Diamond Street second hand that is signed. No idea if it's genuine or no....think I still have the 12"'s of the Chelsea Girl and Like A Daydream EP's kicking about somewhere too.

now werent they both put together to make "smile?"

how much for those?

Thats VERY true BUT i also think that he is a WAYYY better songwriter than Noel Gallgher and is a tad more varied. When he is more rocking and aggressive he is way more and same with mellower. I always thought Hurricane # 1 were awesome as well...Both albums.

Another big Ride fan and also a fan of Hurricane #1 was totally gutted when they cancelled there gig at the works a few years back.

:down:

Yeah, I don't have any of the stuff on vinyl, because I don't have a record player! I've got all the albums, including Smile. I've also got 'Waves' the BBC Sessions and the Box Set, which is cool. There's a great cover of The Pale Saints 'Sight Of You' on the BBC Sessions. Some of the unreleased tracks from the Carnival Of Light sessions are immense and should have been on the record.

The Ltd edition Mark Gardener debut can be purchased from this link. 17 copies remaining.

http://www.oxfordmusic.net/product.php?id=584&cat=r

The Red House Painters? Pretty under-rated over here maybe but less so in the states? Back in their day perhaps, though i dunno. Still, amazing band. The long songs denied them radio play maybe. Mark Kozelek (the singer/songwriter etc) was on the "Almost Famous" film playing the bassist. He also wrote the 70's flavoured tunes on the soundtrack. His new band "Sun Kil Moon" are well worth a listen. The latest album of Modest Mouse covers is an acoustical delight. I don't know the originals though.

• 2 years later...