aberdeen-music

desperately seeking...

Skrotor

hey, the names skrotor (juvenile yet deceptively adult) lookin for people interested in bowie, beatles, r.e.m, pantera, pixies, radiohead, boards of canada, aphex twin, alec empire, alice in chains, megadeath, mettalica, korn etc. to suggest and discuss new sounds. no bullshit only questions and ansewers...

hey' date=' the names skrotor (juvenile yet deceptively adult) lookin for people interested in bowie, beatles, r.e.m, pantera, pixies, radiohead, boards of canada, aphex twin, alec empire, alice in chains, megadeath, mettalica, korn etc. to suggest and discuss new sounds. no bullshit only questions and ansewers...[/quote']

Huh?

etc?

Surely there can't be an 'etc' after that eclectic list of music?

Just curious[...]?

hey' date=' the names skrotor (juvenile yet deceptively adult) lookin for people interested in bowie, beatles, r.e.m, pantera, pixies, radiohead, boards of canada, aphex twin, alec empire, alice in chains, megadeath, mettalica, korn etc. to suggest and discuss new sounds. no bullshit only questions and ansewers...[/quote']

Check out Ulvers new album "Blood Inside"

www.jester-records.com

answers

ok, im going to rephrase my question so that you can understand what i ment. i am looking for new music to listen to and being from aberdeen this seemed a logical place to look for like minded people that also are into the local scene. all of the bands that i listed in my first post are there so that you guys can tell me about music that you think i might like because of them. i apologize if the first post was a bit cryptic but i honestly thought it made perfect sense. The etcetara in my first post refers to other bands of the kind that i mentioned, again i dont see what is so hard to understand about that. i am desperately seeking people to expand my music taste! As for Ass cadet every one can make jokes about someones name, the fact that my screen name is already a scrotum joke might of lead you to come up with a better insult but no. the small shred of intelligence i may of credited you i recind. if this is a crappy thread then i shall once more apologize but when i click on a music discussion board that is what i assume im going to be doing. for those that gave me more material to listen to thank you, keep it comin.

Yes I like the Beatles they were a good band done a lot of good songs, Radiohead are good too, saw them at the AECC they are a very good live band and even better on record. What would be your opinion on those points I raised?

i apologize if the first post was a bit cryptic

I apologise for slagging you off - was hungover and grumpy!

Anyway now I know what you want I'm still struggling to think of any specific band I think you would like, you have named such a wide variety! I'm lost in a world of european fantasy metal at the moment and have no idea what else is going on ?(

stuff

Yes I like the Beatles they were a good band done a lot of good songs' date=' Radiohead are good too, saw them at the AECC they are a very good live band and even better on record. What would be your opinion on those points I raised?[/quote']

weeeeeelllllll, i would have to say that my favourite beatles songs are back in the U.S.S.R, while my guitar gently weeps, lucy in the sky with diamonds and norwegian wood but the thing that interests me the most about the beatles were there ability to rob the shit out of any music of a particular era make it their own and then become the ones that are most remembered for defining that era. Also the thing that cracks me up is the fact that john lenin was promiscuously bi-sexual and repeatedly screwed brian epstine among others, now i havnt got a problem with anybodys sexual orientation, but lets look at liam gallagher (oasis) the very embodiement of the 'lad' now since the man frequently states that he tries to be like lenin one must assume that he is aware of that fact and casually overlooks it. the point im trying to make is how can he be such a bigot when one of his heroes is a minority that he hates?

yhea alot of my friends went to the radiohead gig unfortunately i missed it due to work.

got majority of albums favourite songs include fake plastic trees, karma police, idioteque and kid A. got forced to listen to them by my dad one of his favourite bands

Guest Mr Blastcap

i like the Beatles, but thats because by modern standards the stuff they recorded is "lo fi" like the first few guided by voices lp's. lenin got all fucked up when he started that side project with Engels. is it just me who thinks Megadeth is spelled "megadeth"? every time i try to download them from a file sharing thing i get loads of "megadeath"? maybe i have that dielexie-ah, a nervous reaction to monarch of the glenn. i thouroughly recommend a local band called Maple they have a site with downloads here- www.hifiaudiomaintenance.com , they are the very best of what Aberdeen has to offer.

lets look at liam gallagher (oasis) the very embodiement of the 'lad' now since the man frequently states that he tries to be like lenin one must assume that he is aware of that fact and casually overlooks it. the point im trying to make is how can he be such a bigot when one of his heroes is a minority that he hates?

Haha! Good point, I like it :D

Hi Buddy,

When you say new do you mean current or simply new to yourself (or both, of course)

Happy to make some recommendations.

For eclectic - try the Sensational Alex Harvey Band if you haven't already. Genius band and Scottish too!! :up:

Frank Zappa is equally good (and hilarious as rock remier satirist) , although he's totally weird! ?(

DZL