aberdeen-music

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino) + Project:Ven Hell + The Videos

chilli

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bnbc = shit hot

videos = tight and good at what they do' date=' not really a fan of the guitar sound/playing faarrrrr too loud

[/quote']

the guitar was the quietest thing on the stage and my amp was set at a megre 2.5 (out of a possible 10) and is only rated at puny 45 watts so not sure if i can get it any less loud, its more likely the soundgirl cranked it up via the PA, maybe she digs the sound of it

but we were told the synths were not loud enough (or as loud as usual) by our contingent

a London soundman who does the sound for thousands of bands told me we were the third loudest band he had heard in his life (Motorhead was first. Gay Bikers on Acid were second)

loud is nice

I blame the drummer (big arms)

yo

edit:corrected retarded spelling (most of it)

the guitar was the quietest think on the stage and my amp was set at a megre 2.5 (out of a possible 10) and is only rated at puny 45 watts so not sure if i can get it any less loud' date=' its more likely the soundgirl cranked it up via the PA, maybe she digs the sound of it

but we were told the synths were not loud enough (or as loud as usual) by our contingent

a London soundman who does the sound for thousands of bands told me we were the third loudest band he had heard in his life (Motorhead was first. Gay Bikers on Acid were second)

loud is nice

I blame the drummer (big arms)

yo[/quote']

you were certainly quieter than motorhead and a few other bands i've seen but it was very loud. the guitar was too loud in my opinion - if you had those settings then, yes, it must have cranked up over the PA.

synths were definately too quiet - i think you lost something a bit by having them too low & the guitar too loud, things came across too "metal".

wouldn't mind hearing the CD sometime though.

you were certainly quieter than motorhead and a few other bands i've seen but it was very loud. the guitar was too loud in my opinion - if you had those settings then' date=' yes, it must have cranked up over the PA.

synths were definately too quiet - i think you lost something a bit by having them too low & the guitar too loud, things came across too "metal".

wouldn't mind hearing the CD sometime though.[/quote']

I forgot to ask them to treat the synth level like a lead instrument to be honest, but as we'd played there a few times with the synths as loud as the vocals I kinda thought they might have sussed that out

please never ever say the M word

but it was free though!

next issue of our free cd with have a few more more tracks

The price was very good, I'd have to admit! It's not really a complaint about the sampler being short, I was just very surprised to put it into my CD player and see the display reading 5 minutes!

It's good though, I've been meaning to stick it on my mp3 player...

Guest bluesxman
If you fancy a copy... I have forming a queue in my PM box. I plan to churn out and post as many as I can at the weekend.

:)

Pm me address = cd.

Though I don't shiney inserts. :p

I have now been to see you twice. But I couldn't be bothered negotiating the large table/interrupting your conversation to talk to you and blag a CD. I shall therefore PM my address and will hopefully receive one that way.

The guitar did not seem particularly loud sitting down to stage right. And I could hear the synth OK.