aberdeen-music

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino) + Project:Ven Hell + The Videos

chilli

imp are delighted to announce our 1st show of 2006:-

Thurs 19th Jan 06

The Tunnels

Doors 8pm

Entry 5

The Beautiful New Born Children (Domino Records)

Project:Ven Hell

The Videos

the hottest new u.s. guitar band on the hottest label (Domino: Arctic Monkeys, Test Icicles, Franz Ferdinand) supported by two of Aberdeen's likeliest to succeed in 2006.

BNBC

are a breathless, adrenaline-fuelled, amphetamine-spiked burst of punk rock spleen colliding with a fascination for the hypnotic motorik rhythms of so-called krautrock and the textures of pure noise: that's the Beautiful New Born Children.this is the filthiest, dirtiest, ugliest rock and roll mess heard in years. this is raw power, careering recklessly between MC5, The Buzzcocks, The Stooges and The Jesus & Mary Chain. played with the kind of intensity that suggests their fingers are bleeding by the end of each and every song, Beautiful New Born Children are as exciting and primal a band as you are likely to hear

www.dominorecordco.com

www.thebnbc.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another bit of blog to whet your appetite...

And, of course, the Strokesian party punk bandwagon rolls on. Just when you thought it might have run out of steam, along come the Beautiful New Born Children. Signed to Domino - tastefully appointed home to the Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand - on the basis of an unsolicited demo, the BNBC sound thoroughly New Yorky despite hailing from Berlin. They churn up the old turf with real vigour and don't outstay their welcome. Their debut album, out in January, Hey People!, lasts less than 23 minutes.

this is quite exshite-ing

Id been raving about the BNBC to the other people in our band and they were all like ????????????? and calling me a pretentious twat as usual, and then sure enough we get to support em about a few months later and see em for real

will be mindblowing

fucking yo

Nah I can see The Libertines comparison in a way but they're like a more urgent version of them. Very now sounding a la Arctic Monkeys and Test-Icicles sorta stuff as previously said.

In fact usually the kinda stuff that Betamax would be detesting as being poor, speeded-up versions of Gang Of Four et al non? ;)

nobody actually cares whether you go to a show or not

sober posts after yer birthday, this must be a more mature Maxi!!!!!!!!

when listening to their demo, there is no way I would compare them to pish like the

libertines, or the APB tribute band The Strokes.

More like an indie(fied) Schneider TM - I wonder why :up:

Very now sounding a la Arctic Monkeys and Test-Icicles sorta stuff as previously said.

In fact usually the kinda stuff that Betamax would be detesting as being poor' date=' speeded-up versions of Gang Of Four et al non? ;)[/quote']

non!

Test Icicles are a poor, speeded up (but not really) cheapo version of Pop Will Eat Itself obviously. Yo.

I am however compliant in my appreciation of the Artic Monkeys.

They just sound like a zillion other bands who like to pretend their from new york circa 1979.

u are obviously a child of the Ipod era & don't have longevity to listen to tracks all the way thro b4 skipping onto the next consumable lovely.......

Domino's recent record of not signing NY copiest shite, but some decent bands & The Guardian today don't review it as pretend NY copiests confirms u need to clean yur lugs out........

BNBC are great and they will be great and they will be huge and there will be a whole lot of people saying that they were at this show in a couple of years time

Aye... i can see alot of people in a few months pissed off that they never knew about this show and everyone who did can lord it over them with the old 'i saw them before they were famous'

I have to say I that I'm a big fan of the "saw them before they were famous" tale.

I get to play with you' date=' Hines.[/quote']

Do i get a pint bought for me from you if I go this time?

Actually, I will definately be there - no work commitments this time & I've still to see The Videos and PVH so that's a double bonus along with checking out TBNBC.

Uncut has a review of TBNBC's Cd in this month's issue - however, it wasn't too flattering, I'm afraid...........