aberdeen-music

Peanut Brain

Stripey

The basic tune chugs along nicely.....I'd like to hear it at loud volume through big speakers. The samples on top seem quite 'tongue-in-cheek' (nicked from computer sounds etc???)

Enjoyed it.

Yeh I was going for a tongue in cheek jokey vibe. The bass sound was made by fiddling with a chinese bamboo flute note, pitched down a few octaves with a amplitude envelope and a resonant filter - you can hear a bit of the flutey timbre during the breakdown. The main drum beat was fed thru a ring modulator and reverb after sequencing it. I made the whirring computery sounds by playing an arabic scale with a basic synth sound, rendering it and resampling that sequence, pitched it up by 4 ocrtaves and then played a chord with it, which I sampled again, then fed into a granulizer synth, and played a new pattern, which was then fed thru a delay and a reverb. The organ sounds I wrote myself using a fairly stock organ synth, with a bit of delay and verb again.

The vocal comes from a text to speech synth which was fed thru a ring modulater, delay, and reverb.

There are more details but I bet yer bored already!

"Peanut Brain" is the name of my brothers kitten which I have been looking after this week.

It's got a great groove' date=' the organ parts and the ground bass line and I agree with Mr Davidson - I really want to hear it through better/bigger speakers.

Not sure why, but the lo-fi sound of the drums and bass remind me of the same sound quality of the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks.[/quote']

The mixdown is not up to my usual standard atall, but I tend to enjoy myself more when I'm not worrying too much about pristine quality. Sometimes things like this form the basis of proper tracks but really they are just sketches that represent a few hours of fucking about and playing with ideas. It's all in the name of fun really ;)

what a pointless use of bandwidth imho.

You have done much better than this.

Well like I said it's just a lighthearted few hours playing around while I was bored over the festive season. The stuff I've been posting recently is just disposable bits and pieces that aren't important or "finished" but I felt like sharing anyway in the spirit of the feedback forum.