aberdeen-music

NEP news

bifta23

In an exclusive interview with Side-Line magazine, Nitzer Ebb have announced that their relation with their former label has been put back to normal. Douglas McCarthy: "We are both back in close communication with everyone at Mute and Daniel. In fact the first person I went seeing after I had met with Bon in Chicago was Daniel Miller at Mute. We are working very closely now with the label for the release of the 'Body of work' compilation." Does this mean that the issues the band had with Mute are now solved? "Oh yeah, yes, definitely. I mean at this point it has not even been discussed what would happen if we would have a new album coming up [but...] I have already submitted artwork for the compilation and Mute have put together some listings for the tracks on the CD and it looks like it will be indeed 2CDs and DVD in one packet." Some extra good news is that there will be a separate release, "The remixes", to be released shortly after "Body of work" offering 2 discs full of remixes, old and new ones plus previously unreleased material. A tentative list and more revelations by Douglas McCarthy and Bon Harris can be found in the next January 2006 issue of Side-Line, number 54.