aberdeen-music

A Death forum

Dayeth

What's wrong with those posts being put in the Wasteland?

These forums are essentially just about the music' date=' the wasteland is just a place for the "other stuff" like announcements of the death of famous people. No?[/quote']

Yes, but they are constant. I dont want to hear about people dying, three times a day.

Yes' date=' but they are constant. I dont want to hear about people dying, three times a day.[/quote']

then don't read them.

they're harmless enough and only posted when someone of interest to the person who creates the thread died. If the person was important enough to warrant interest to them then it seems reasonable that others would be interested.

Guest MerryChristmas
then don't read them.

they're harmless enough and only posted when someone of interest to the person who creates the thread died. If the person was important enough to warrant interest to them then it seems reasonable that others would be interested.

Easier said than done, why not make a rule stating "threads about the death of as person must have a title starting 'Death Announcement'" or something?

• 2 weeks later...
But then again' date=' the Wasteland is meant to be a discussion forum, rather than a "look what I found on the internet, ma" forum. [/quote']

I dunno, the wasteland is just supposed to be everything that doesn't fit the more focused forums. And I think that silly videos etc would be included into that. You can post a video or a death announcement and then people can discuss it.

Maybe the idea of having mega threads containing everything to do with one subject is a good one.

Personally I think that things just get overdone for a short time then everyone moves onto something else. Ignore them and they go away basically.

• 2 weeks later...