aberdeen-music

Best Chipper ?

Benji

Guest pop-notmyface

if you want to go to the best fish and chip shop, you will have to venture outside aberdeen to the Inverbervie Chipper. all the acclaim and hype is completely justifable if you go there...

Mike's in Torry never disappoints. The Bervie chipper' date=' though still good (the Inverbervie one, that is. Not the shite Stonehaven one), isn't what it was.[/quote']

the stoney one is still miles better than most of the shite in aberdeen. i go to the ashvale quite alot as it's at the top of my road but it sucks compared to the greatness of sandy's, the bervie chipper and even the little one on the bridge which used to be the haven. when i lived in torry i made the mistake of going to the chipshop on victoria road a couple of times just cause it was closer, twas a greasy mess of a chipper. mike's is definitely the best round those parts.

You canna beat a mock chop supper and a jumbo sausage from the dolphin at three in the morning, mmmmmm! The worst has to be my old local in sheddocksley, the three star fish bar.........personally i think they've added two extra stars!! Why would yoou call it the THREE star fish bar, its like saying " we're a very average chipper ". Its ever since that chinese dude took over, thats when chippers go bad. No offence intended. :popcorn:

You're right on one thing, daveofficer. That the Ashvale is shite...but why the fuck do you persist in going dack then? Isn't that stupidity!!

There are plenty of excellent chippers in Aberdeen. And frankly, the Stonehaven Bervie is purest shite. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

i da eat in chippers, but get stuiff from kebab shops when im fucking ruined.

for that

Chips and Cheese - istanbul takeway, bottom of market street

Cheese Sarbeni - istanbul takeaway

Pizza - istanbul takeaway

Garlic bread - istanbul takeaway

Veggie pakora - istanbul takaway

so aye, Istanbul takeaway. Also note, I'm a vegetarian.

as for actual chippers, I prefer the ones in Dundee and Edinburgh to any in Aberdeen. Theres one next door to The Westie in Dundee which is pretty fucking decent. And theres the best chip roll ever on The Royal Mile in Edinburgh. Incidentally, they also sell tins of lager/export in there. fucking ace.

And frankly' date=' the Stonehaven Bervie is purest shite. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.[/quote']

Here Here its only soooooo good as there aint no chippy near it for 100miles

I went to bervie chippur once got a fish supper which looked like fish soup , Batter all soggy and fish just crumbled...... Where was my melt in the mouth fish supper i get so often from Mikes Famous (In aberdeen) Chippur

Ashvale Fryers have forgoten over training to training how long it actually takes to cook there damn chips and to be honest someone needs to fookin tell em....

CHIPS AINT COOKED PROPERLY WHEN THERE AS WHITE AS AN ALBINO