aberdeen-music

Union Street Hogmany

Noir

There is also the back lane to Adelphi from Drake's (the new drakes that is, that is now closed, not the old one on the castlegate) I don't think they will be covering that wee lane.

I'm feeling pretty depressed about new year, working on Saturday & Sunday so my mates assumed I wasn't up 4 doin anything and didn't include me in their plans so I'm gonna be all on my lonesome :-(

Word is that the'ye putting up turnstiles everywhere with no booze alowed and that a few select pubs will only be alowed to sell drink; screw that. Only for the Neddy Coral / Liberty x Fans and 2' date='000 Ancient proclaimer ones. I'd rather get mortal in a warm club.[/quote']

They say nothing about not having any booze, just as long as it's not in glass containers. I would prefer to be warm somewhere with heaps of drink too.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

It's looking like X-oh-thrust for me,

all my faggot mates have decided to crawl home to their shitty UNI cities so they can bang dudes in the ass and jerk off to beastiality

Word is that the'ye putting up turnstiles everywhere with no booze alowed and that a few select pubs will only be alowed to sell drink; screw that. Only for the Neddy Coral / Liberty x Fans and 2' date='000 Ancient proclaimer ones. I'd rather get mortal in a warm club.[/quote']

EXCUSE ME? Sorry but the Coral are a lot more than dreaming of you, now on their third album proper (After a weird limited edition album length EP) and i think most of the neds gave up after their first big single. I refute that their fanbase is described as Neddy. Why dont you go out and have a listen to their albums they are far from your fucking standard ned oasisy type guitar pish, its actually quite interestingly arranged and lyrically rich.

But I agree that Liberty X and The Proclaimers are pish.

But I agree that Liberty X and The Proclaimers are pish.

not hearing that shit - the proclaimers are a quality outfit! after having given us a detailed run down of the corals back catalogue for those who think they're a one song band, how much of the proclaimers stuff have you actually listened to - or are you just fed up of 500miles like the rest of the world?

/x

So will you be back from Stranrear for New Year? I think Aberdeen will be slightly better even with Liberty x & The Proclaimers.

I saw the proclaimers at a festival once(Cant remeber which one- Possibly T-in-the-park) and I think they were fairly enjoyable from what Ican remember - Wouldn't buy an album tho

I'm already back, had a crazy couple of days upon my return and now i want to curl up and hide for a while.

Stranraer's Hogmanay (for those of you interested in the affairs of a rural town) consists of all the pubs shutting at half eleven, all the towns population gathering with booze in the town waiting for the bells which never actually happening leading to fifteen minutes of confusion either side of midnight over whether it is actually new year or not. Then at half twelve the pubs open again and then everyone gets reallly wasted, and dances for the next five hours to the pogues and the proclaimers.

And that, Spoonie, is where my hatred of the proclaimers stems from.

proclaimers are amazing. i saw them at the music hall a few years ago. was such a good atmosphere.

my dads been telling me about the security shit. i think if you try get into the turnstyle bit with bottles they will give you plastic containers to transfere it in to.

but the weatherspoons are turning the whole place into a giant bar, and the first like 1400 people through the door will be alowd to go in and out all night to buy drink. same with the other pub... cant think of its name....

proclaimers are amazing. i saw them at the music hall a few years ago. was such a good atmosphere.

Was that when the Grim Northern Social were supporting? Did you see them? :)

This is a mighty bummer of a Hogmanay schedule. First people there get in? Then we'll end up becoming sober and very cold. Plus, I've already seen Liberty X.. grr...