aberdeen-music

"I fucking hate traffic wardens"

Lemonade

I was parked at the bottom of Crown Street today for about 2 hours, I wasn't sure of the parking regulations there, so when I pulled up I had a good look around for a sign saying pay & display, or maximum waiting time or whatever, and there were no signs or pay & display machines. There were a whole bunch of other cars parked there and no yellow lines so I figured it was fair game. However when I came back out I had a parking ticket for 60 for not displaying a valid parking permit! Nowhere did it say I needed a valid parking permit!

Do you think I could argue with the fact that there was no sign and get away with paying the ticket? Or do I just hand over 60 for no good reason?

whats your normal excuse then?

Never just had one excuse....i got 21 tickets in the same parking place over about 1 month....the double yellows were all washed away on the cobbles, never paid any of those...just took a photo and sent it to the woman (who is pretty fair in dealing with tickets i must say)....

i even lied and said i had a disabled badge 'cleary' on display once, got off with that no questions asked. (when i actually had left it in my boot)

If you send a polite letter stating your objections....she normally lets you off....

Never just had one excuse....i got 21 tickets in the same parking place over about 1 month....the double yellows were all washed away on the cobbles' date=' never paid any of those...just took a photo and sent it to the woman (who is pretty fair in dealing with tickets i must say)....

i even lied and said i had a disabled badge 'cleary' on display once, got off with that no questions asked. (when i actually had left it in my boot)

If you send a polite letter stating your objections....she normally lets you off....[/quote']

why did you have drum sticks in the boot?

*gets coat*

PS, if you do have to pay for it, it's not 60, it'll be 40 or something if you "pay early".

one other note, I got a "parking ticket" outside Drakes once, and it just didn't look right...I took it to the council, and they said "ooh, that's not one of ours, no, that looks bogus"...so, I didn't pay it, and I wrote to the company who "dished it out", (bearing in mind it was stuck on my car at 8.30 at night, when the usual "pay and display" places don't need tickets) and never heard back from them, no court summons ever appeared 9as threatened on the ticket), so, if anyone gets a ticket from the wee "private" pay and displace place, opposite where drakes used to be, don't pay it, it's a scam.

why did you have drum sticks in the boot?

*gets coat*

PS' date=' if you do have to pay for it, it's not £60, it'll be £40 or something if you "pay early".

one other note, I got a "parking ticket" outside Drakes once, and it just didn't look right...I took it to the council, and they said "ooh, that's not one of ours, no, that looks bogus"...so, I didn't pay it, and I wrote to the company who "dished it out", (bearing in mind it was stuck on my car at 8.30 at night, when the usual "pay and display" places don't need tickets) and never heard back from them, no court summons ever appeared 9as threatened on the ticket), so, if anyone gets a ticket from the wee "private" pay and displace place, opposite where drakes used to be, don't pay it, it's a scam.[/quote']

Just to let you know outside where Drakes used to be up to the Vue Cinemais a no stopping area and I have seen official Parking Bastards ticketing a whole heap of cars all allong the road at about 8 pm. Also the little street next to Drakes out on to Market Street is a Pedestrian area. The private pay and display carpark there is legal however, they may find it difficult to follow through if you fail to pay a ticket from there. It's not really worth the hassle of taking someone to court over £40 usually.

This reminds me of the hilarious story of the man who parked his car where there were no yellow lines, but while he was away, the line painters were going along the road, and lifted up his car, continued the lines, then kept on going. And then he instantly got a ticket and when he came back he was like wtf?

This may or may not be an urban legend but it sounds like something that would probably happen.