aberdeen-music

New Year in Paris - help :)

beeker

Cheers for all your points of interest folks, had an absolutley amazing time. The place is just buzzing and everytime you turn around there is something else to take your breath away.

favourite bit: Pantheon - that place is amazing!!.

let down: mona lisa - a lot smaller than i thought

Also cool: pei's Louvre entrance pyramid.

All in all had a great weekend and am looking forward to going back and seeing the bits i missed out!!. totally jealous of anyone that has spent longer than a weekend there.

On a good point - AIr France rock. we were overbooked on Sunday night coming home so they gave us dinner bed n breakfast and 200 quid each as a sorry. ace.

On a good point - AIr France rock. we were overbooked on Sunday night coming home so they gave us dinner bed n breakfast and 200 quid each as a sorry. ace.

The lying toe-rags! Air France told me on Sunday that there were technical problems in Paris and so I couldn't fly on the direct flight home; ended up having to go through Heathrow, arriving too late to take the RER home and losing my bags until today!

Glad you had a great time though! I've never been in the Pantheon which is incredibly shameful as my uni is 5 minutes away, and I walk past it 3 times a week. The huge Christmas trees outside the mairie de Ve were ace though! By the way, did you find most things open out of interest?

The lying toe-rags! Air France told me on Sunday that there were technical problems in Paris and so I couldn't fly on the direct flight home; ended up having to go through Heathrow' date=' arriving too late to take the RER home and losing my bags until today!

Glad you had a great time though! I've never been in the Pantheon which is incredibly shameful as my uni is 5 minutes away, and I walk past it 3 times a week. The huge Christmas trees outside the mairie de Ve were ace though! By the way, did you find most things open out of interest?[/quote']

No way? Thats the complete opposite of how they treated us. different strokes eh!

Everything closed at about 4pm on saturday but we went in everywhere we wanted to. (We walked from Arc:eiffel:louvre:notre dame:pantheon:notredame - tube home. i still have blisters) and on Sunday, only some of the shops were open. Sephora on the Champs Elysees has so much make up and perfume and think my girlfriend almost cried.

The pantheon really - reeallly impressed me. It's a shame it's not still used. The pamphlet we have on it says the inscription above the columns reads " from a greateful race to great men" or something of that nature. The crypts underground there are pretty freaky - and it's also cheaper if you are under 25 :)