aberdeen-music

Idiot Pilot (For fans of Radiohead/Deftones/Liberty37)

medichi

Anyone heard these guys? Got their album after Chino from Deftones was shitting himself over them, and their involvement on "B-sides and Rarities".

Its pretty good. I think. Some beats, some screams, some Radiohead-isms. It all sound like they have the potential to be world beaters, but there is something distinctly safe and mid-90's alt rock about them that I can't quite put my finger on. White Pony-era Deftones is clearly a big influence too...

I think my problem is I can too easily see 'em at the Bait Shop in the O.C.......

Anyway, I like the album, will see 'em in Feb - anyone else dig 'em?

Anyone heard these guys? Got their album after Chino from Deftones was shitting himself over them' date=' and their involvement on "B-sides and Rarities".

Its pretty good. I think. Some beats, some screams, some Radiohead-isms. It all sound like they have the potential to be world beaters, but there is something distinctly safe and mid-90's alt rock about them that I can't quite put my finger on. White Pony-era Deftones is clearly a big influence too...

I think my problem is I can too easily see 'em at the Bait Shop in the O.C.......

Anyway, I like the album, will see 'em in Feb - anyone else dig 'em?[/quote']

The Bait Shop looks like a crap venue with the bar being in the middle of the dancefloor and what not. If they sound similar to Coopers second album i might investigate. It is a terribley underrated record.