aberdeen-music

Panic At The Disco

The Milner

Milner, it's "Panic! At the Disco". Sounds like FOB mixed with a tiny tiny bit of hellogoodbye - and that just annoys me. Once something becomes a hit (Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand) everything else that comes out has to be a clone for some reason, it's just bollocks.

It's like every label has to have their version of Taking Back Sunday. I've already heard one Taking Back Sunday, I don't need any more thanks.

Agreed, I got the album to see what the hype was about. My girlfriend and I listened to it(she was unaware who it was we were listening to) and she asked "is this Fall Out Boy?"

To find out shortly afterwards that the band are signed to a label run by a guy from FOB made me laugh.

Overrated pish? Indeed!

Once something becomes a hit (Fall Out Boy' date=' My Chemical Romance, Franz Ferdinand) everything else that comes out has to be a clone for some reason, it's just bollocks.

It's like every label has to have their version of Taking Back Sunday. I've already heard one Taking Back Sunday, I don't need any more thanks.[/quote']

Thats what majors do, they find something that becomes popular then send their people out to find as many of these kinds of bands as possible until people get bored, then they dump everyone and move on. Its cos the peope that choose bands are usually fat old men who lost touch with music sometime around 78.

the band are signed to a label run by a guy from FOB made me laugh.

It's actually run by the drummer of Less Than Jake and one of his buddies. Pete Wenz of FOB was the go between of the band and label however and paired them up. They're all friends.

I think the role producers play in this is often overlooked.

• 1 month later...
"when i say shotgun' date=' you say wedding" - who the fuck do these chumps think they are kidding[/quote']

shotgun, wedding, SHITGUN, wedddddddddiinggggg.

Their songs are catchy. Scene kids love them.

Yeah they sound like Fall Out Boy, but it doesn't stop you singing along.

Meh I actually listened to the album a bit and I actually like it. In general, it has really grown on me.

I think the vocals in Panic are quite better than Fall Out Boy. There is more of a range to it.

Also the songs in general are much more different than FOB is.

Although they will probably be hated because all the "scene kids" like them which I think is quite pathetic considering FOB and Panic at the disco have wrote songs against that kind of vanity.

Meh I actually listened to the album a bit and I actually like it. In general' date=' it has really grown on me.

I think the vocals in Panic are quite better than Fall Out Boy. There is more of a range to it.

Although they will probably be hated because all the "scene kids" like them which I think is quite pathetic considering FOB and Panic at the disco have wrote songs against that kind of vanity.[/quote']

I hate em both cos they're shite.

Meh I actually listened to the album a bit and I actually like it. In general' date=' it has really grown on me.

Although they will probably be hated because all the "scene kids" like them which I think is quite pathetic considering FOB and Panic at the disco have wrote songs against that kind of vanity.[/quote']

Agree.

I've heard full albums from both.

I heard Fall Out Boy first but, instantly Panic! At The Disco were my preference.

The Fall Out Boy vocals start to annoy me.