aberdeen-music

Places to sell guitars?

Johnny Mac

R&B will take a guitar but will pay a pittance for it as they will then sell it for it's market value.

The only way to get a good price is to sell it privately, either on eBay or through an advert on here or in scotads. Mind you the best time to do that was a couple of weeks ago.

R&B will take a guitar but will pay a pittance for it as they will then sell it for it's market value.

The only way to get a good price is to sell it privately, either on eBay or through an advert on here or in scotads. Mind you the best time to do that was a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding the R&B bit, it's unfortunate that that is the way things have to work. When considering trading in an old Epiphone ZW Les Paul, they said that they could only give X for it but if I tried selling privately then I'd get a decent amount more.

I completely agree with here, ScotAds and eBay though. I've been having no luck on here the past month or so, so I'm going to put stuff on eBay, and I guess that if unsuccessful there then I may have to use R&B :moody:

A friend of mine is looking to sell their guitar but doesn't want to put it up on eBay.

Are there any shops that buy guitars locally?

I know Cash Converters would (but would pay a pittance no doubt).

What is it and what does he want for it?

You never know, someone on here might want it.

I once bought a 80's Tokai Les Paul off a guy who was offered 20 for it by cash converters!!

Guest DustyDeviada
I completely agree with here' date=' ScotAds and eBay though. I've been having no luck on here the past month or so, so I'm going to put stuff on eBay, and I guess that if unsuccessful there then I may have to use R&B :moody:[/quote']

That's a bit harsh, don't you work there or something?!

Can't really blame R&B, considering they buy the stuff in for a lower price from the manufacturers anyway. You wouldn't expect them to buy second hand stuff for more than they can buy it new for.

Scot Ads is pretty good, but you shoul always be realistic with your prices.

That's a bit harsh' date=' don't you work there or something?!

Can't really blame R&B, considering they buy the stuff in for a lower price from the manufacturers anyway. You wouldn't expect them to buy second hand stuff for more than they can buy it new for.

[/quote']

Yeah I do hehe. Thing is, myself AND the other staff reccommend trying to sell privately because you will get more for it.

I didn't say that they'd buy it in second hand than they do new, it's just that you can get more selling privately, end of!

Gotta consider - R&B will have to offer less if they wanna make anything trying to sell it on for the going rate...