aberdeen-music

Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Jin_Ling

I haven't seen the new film yet' date=' but I've just started watching the DVD's of the original BBC series. Absolutely golden entertainment.[/quote']

I saw them on video a few years ago when one of my former flatmates bought it. I thought it was totally dissapointing. One of those things that should have stayed a memory. Co-incidently I once worked with the costume designer from the BBC series

I saw them on video a few years ago when one of my former flatmates bought it. I thought it was totally dissapointing. One of those things that should have stayed a memory. Co-incidently I once worked with the costume designer from the BBC series

You should see the new one - a few of the parts remind me of LOTR, same director I know, but he really does it well.

I very much doubt there'll be all 7 books otherwise I'd assume they'd start oth the prequel 'the Magaicians Nephew' and the Horse and his boy is kinda dull' date=' really liked the new movie though.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Actually if they do it in written order (as C.S. Lewis wanted them read) they've done right to start with LW+W.

I thought the new film was fantastic, really enjoyed it. Really hope they continue on and make more Chronicles of Narnia Films.

Actually if they do it in written order (as C.S. Lewis wanted them read) they've done right to start with LW+W.

I thought the new film was fantastic' date=' really enjoyed it. Really hope they continue on and make more Chronicles of Narnia Films.[/color']

Yeah but I'm not sure that would fit into conventional Hollywood thinking, but then again the LW&W had to be the first purely because it was the most well known by a long way. I liked the way they dealt with the Professor and it certainly led up to the fact that it could be Diggory, but I never understood why Mrs Macready is always portrayed as a bad person (both in the BBC and the new film) as that was never stated in the books, as obviously Mrs Macready was Polly.

I think they'll make the Dawn Treader, Caspian and Silver Chair same as the BBC, but I'd love to see the Last Battle too...

Cheers

Stuart

im re-reading all of the books and im sad they didnt do the magicians's nephew. its a good story and is required to explain alot about books to come

i just hope they do them all of good quality.

but to be honest, i cant see peter jackson doing any of them.

hell, i'm still waiting for him to get going on doing the hobbit

Nope Peter Jackson did King Kong' date=' the director of Narnia is a good friend of Jacksons and they shot it in New Zealand.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Yeah, there was one scene that reminded me of when the the fellowship in LOTL was walking in the snow along the cliff, they used the practically the same camra angle, really cool.

my favourite was Voyage of the Dawn Trader' date=' kinda lost interest after at the one with the chair.[/quote']

Yeah The Voyage of the Dawn Trader was the best. I don't think I even got past the first chapter in The Silver Chair (I think it was called that).

It would be interesting to see the film to see what it is actually about!