aberdeen-music

Cna yuo raed tihs?

Aaron_Robertson

Cna yuo raed tihs? .i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Toht tihs was cool!

Aoran

Guest pop-notmyface
I've read something like this before. It's pretty cool.

yes, the exact same words had been posted on this board before.

it would amuse me more if Aaron had memory loss and didn't realise he posted that last year :rolleyes:

Berif afrvifmtaie sttamentes adsie' date=' taht's bodoly azanimg! I alaltcuy raed taht as eilsay as if it was cteclrory agrenard! Nice one, Aoarn - whree did you fnid the rcraseeh, I woldun't mnid a look at it...[/quote']

^

Actually, I had a bit of trouble reading this one. Did you deliberately choose odd or difficult words, or am I just 'sptuid'

Berif afrvifmtaie sttamentes adsie' date=' taht's bodoly azanimg! I alaltcuy raed taht as eilsay as if it was cteclrory agrenard! Nice one, Aoarn - whree did you fnid the rcraseeh, I woldun't mnid a look at it...[/quote']

Brief a?????????e statements aside, that's bloody amazing! i actually read that as easily as if it was c??????y a?????d! Nice one, Aaron - where did you find the research, i wouldn't mind a look at it..

I can't tell what the words with ?s are. Help? I feel dumb.

Brief a?????????e statements aside' date=' that's bloody amazing! i actually read that as easily as if it was c??????y a?????d! Nice one, Aaron - where did you find the research, i wouldn't mind a look at it..

I can't tell what the words with ?s are. Help? I feel dumb.[/quote']

I've got the same problem with those words too.

Affirmitive. Correctly. Arranged.

Oh, it makes sense now.

But, my brain didn't read those words.. and I thought that was the point of this thread? that you can read the words with the letters jumbled up as long as the first and last letter are in the same place..

Does this mean I'm retarded? Or that the theory isn't 100% true?

Oh' date=' it makes sense now.

Does this mean I'm retarded? Or that the theory isn't 100% true?[/quote']

Of course it's not true. Just try reading a passage like that and then try reading a passage written properly and there's an obvious difference. Of course the mind has to do extra work to interpret the jumbled letters- otherwise we would perceive no difference between 'Brain' and 'Brian'.